Not open for further replies.

nipapa

Aug 29, 2004
Tampines
photobucket.com
Hi experts.
problem daddy has new question. i just stumbled on a thread below :

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=100803

and i realised that actually lens have alot alot alot alot of numbers and configuration. Can anyone enlighten me on what is a "Reversed EF35mm f2 (Handheld coz'no reverse lens filter) " ?

And can anyone or preferbly megaweb answer to this thread on how can the flash work? i like just couldn't figure out how you can snap and get the flash to work at the same time. Waiting to hear all your advices please please Thanks.

Oh ya if megaweb is looking at this. Seriously i'd like to see the whole setup. Damn curious man. coz i using A 75. After seeing your setup and tunster's setup i really think consumer cameras can be pro too. yeah !

You can reverse a 50 f/1.8 also.

The flash is set to slave mode, when the flash from the main camera fires off, it will trigger the slave flash.

Do note that your working distance from the subject is pretty limited.

ok so what actually is a EF 35mm f2 lens? what does the 35mm means? and EF is? *totally lost*

EF 35 f/2 - SLR len.

35 is the focal length, f/2 is the max aperture, EF refers to the mount type on cameras.

Means that this len is a 35mm f/2 usable on EF mount cameras.

i bought a DRT 2.0x /52 mm tele converter and i don't know what it means too... what do all the tecnical jargons mean? can reccomend any website to me? i think some ppl here see me post want to vomit blood also haha.... *bleah*

A teleconverter extends the focal length of your len. 2x means by 2 times. DRT I have no idea what it means.

Urm. digital cameras have no mount. The mount refers to the 'hole' that the SLR cameras are designed with. For example.

Nikon - F mount
Canon - EF/EF-S mount

KM and Pentax and Olympus I forgot liao, got one is K or is it P mount? :sweat:

1) i kinda brought an adapter ... and it says B-52. Any idea what it means?
2) so if you click on the thread in my first post, the megaweb said : "A70 + Reversed EF35mm f2 (Handheld coz'no reverse lens filter) . " So does it really mean he is holding the lens while taking the pic? haha... this is real funny

1) Nope.. no idea

2) Yep, he handheld the len while shooting. I did that some time back as well with a 50 f/1.8 reversed. He (megaweb) used the 500D on a C750 before for macro shoot I believe.

wow ... .that's interesting... really interesting...
Thank you espn. For answering my qns. U sure u didn't vomit blood?

Actually, I'm typing this in the hospital on the hospital bed using Wi-Fi. From the first post to the last I've actually proceeded one step further towards the hospital.

:D

espn said:
Actually, I'm typing this in the hospital on the hospital bed using Wi-Fi. From the first post to the last I've actually proceeded one step further towards the hospital.

:D

Huh?! What happened to you?? I hope you are fine! :sweat:

nipapa said:
Oh ya if megaweb is looking at this. Seriously i'd like to see the whole setup. Damn curious man. coz i using A 75. After seeing your setup and tunster's setup i really think consumer cameras can be pro too. yeah !

Oh just saw this thread :embrass:

You can read up my setup at this thread :)

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=942120#post942120

How are you ?? I am not one of those that has to slow down to look at an accident on the freeway ( thinks..you were not taking a macro shot of a whit line were you :dunno: ).
I mean, I don't get interested by peoples hospital tours, but are you OK ?
Should I be sending you a congratulation card for a new born or something :bsmilie:

HI megaweb, i saw the following in ur webby:

Remove the Canon EF 35mm f2 lens filter cover and screw it onto the "2x Step-up Ring 52mm-58mm Ring"

1)So actually the Cannon EF lens had a filter in front of it and the size is actually 52mm isit?

2)So the lens, if used by itself (on a DSLR) is also a marco lens isit? or am i wrong?

3) Does alot of DSLR lens have this 52mm thread in front of it for filter?

4) If it does what other lens can be used for these farnie farnie effects?

Megaweb or anyone any advice?

nipapa said:
1)So actually the Cannon EF lens had a filter in front of it and the size is actually 52mm isit?

2)So the lens, if used by itself (on a DSLR) is also a marco lens isit? or am i wrong?

3) Does alot of DSLR lens have this 52mm thread in front of it for filter?

4) If it does what other lens can be used for these farnie farnie effects?

Megaweb or anyone any advice?
1) Yes the 50mm f1.8 has a thread size of 52mm
2) the 50mm f1.8 is not a true macro lens but can focus to about 0.45m away from the subject
3) Most of the SLR lens have thread size bigger than 52mm. mostly ranged from 58mm to 77mm

Status
Not open for further replies.