anyone knows a german photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reannemia

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
About 10 years ago, a German photographer worked in Singapore, either as a reporter or photojournalist, and he did a personal project where he shot a Chinese temple undergoing revamp and renovation in Devonshire Road.

Unfortunately, I was told he has left Singapore and returned to Germany.

I would like to get in touch with him and get one of the photos he's taken of my mom praying in the temple.

I've asked the good people who works at the temple and those are the only information they could give me.

So, i know this is a very looooooooooooooooong shot, but if anyone has any idea, please let me know!

Thanks!

About 10 years ago, a German photographer worked in Singapore, either as a reporter or photojournalist, and he did a personal project where he shot a Chinese temple undergoing revamp and renovation in Devonshire Road.

Unfortunately, I was told he has left Singapore and returned to Germany.

I would like to get in touch with him and get one of the photos he's taken of my mom praying in the temple.

I've asked the good people who works at the temple and those are the only information they could give me.

So, i know this is a very looooooooooooooooong shot, but if anyone has any idea, please let me know!

Thanks!

Could it be the german photographer and travel book publisher..Hans Hoefer? He has not gone back to Germany though. He married a local ladie and he stays in Asia.

Wish you luck man...with limited information it would be hard to trace. I would have though the temple have kept some record as restoration photos would be a good keep sake for them.

argh......from the title i was thinking u were looking for any German photographers
:bsmilie:

so can i say I'm a singaporean but am based now in Germany, hence a German photographer commuting between Berlin, Hamburg and Göttingen? :rolleyes:

lol

Good luck anyway!

Thank you both.

I know it is a needle in a giant haystack and the temple people only knows it's a german photographer who did the photography exhibition on the day of unveiling so the photo rights belong to him.

I'll check with Hans Hoefer, he could be the one. I hope.

Or know of one.

Hi Mia,

haven't heard from you in ages!

Sammy's right. The most prominent and prolific German photographer we've had here in the past decades was H. Hoefer.

Try contacting him at http://www.hoefernet.com/

CHEERS!

I managed to get in touch w hans hoefer who was in Himalayas when i called but unfortunately he isn't the one.

I also managed to speak with wolfgang bellwinkel who used to teach in SG in 1997 but he's also not the one.

somebody heeeeelpppp meeee pleeeeeaseeee!

Hmm, might be a long shot, but have you tried contacting the German communities as well as the Goeth Inst? They might have a record or recollection of German tradesmen and businessmen who spent any amount of time in SG. ALso http://www.sgc.org.sg/

Last edited:
It would really help if you managed to get a copy of the said photo and post it on this forum or on Flickr.

The odds would then work in your favour as that Photographer's friends or the photographer himself would know about your situation.

It would really help if you managed to get a copy of the said photo and post it on this forum or on Flickr.

The odds would then work in your favour as that Photographer's friends or the photographer himself would know about your situation.

Well, exactly the reason why i want to locate the photographer, is to obtain a copy of the said photo.

thanks for the new leads! i will harass them now!

Status
Not open for further replies.