anyone know which AA rechargeable battery is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvinyeo

Oct 8, 2009
Anyone know which AA rechargeable battery is good for the flash I using Canon 580 EX II because my GP battery alway give me problem

Last edited:
Anyone know which AA rechargeable battery is good for the flash I using Canon 580 EX II because my GP battery alway give me problem
Good as in high capacity or good as in minimal drain when not in use?

If your friend has a maha charger with refresh function, i heard it can resurrect even flat batteries.

I like Sanyo Eneloops, but I'm not sure if they're the best in the market. They serve my needs (am not a flashaholic) well.

I like Sanyo Eneloops, but I'm not sure if they're the best in the market. They serve my needs (am not a flashaholic) well.

using sanyo eneloops too..
took wedding for one solid day still got power even till the next day..
:thumbsup:

thank everyone for your advice btw if never use will it low batter how to protect it

Sanyo eneloop has been recommended by most CSer and other forumer.
There is a basic guide sheet to tell you how to maintain it for longer usage.

ok thank you btw where i can get the cheap with Sanyo Eneloops with the cheap charger

ok thank you btw where i can get the cheap with Sanyo Eneloops with the cheap charger

You might try MS. Read somewhere in CS mentioned they selling cheaper. OF course if you not bothered to save a few dollar any camera shops should sell. Know the price 1st. Visit Besk denki / challenger to know roughly how much

We have a "Consumers Corner" section for a reason. And a SEARCH button too.

sanyo and sony. don't bother with anything else.

this is coming from a Maha user with quite a few sets of maha batteries and a maha charger with refresh and analyse function.

GP is bad too. good at the beginning but quickly becomes crap. i think sanyo works well for me, and sony is a close second. i'll just stick to sanyo in the future. the normal NiMH (not their eneloops) already hold charge very well even after one or two months. :thumbsup:

btw, i'm using maha imedion. had a friend who used powerex and we both found them to be utter crap. don't hold charge well, poor capacity, even when charged with the original charger. no such problems using my sanyos on the maha charger. so it's not the charger issue (at least the charger WORKS. i won't say it's spectacular either)

the good news is that sanyo cost abt the same or somewhat cheaper than maha. i'd get them from mustafa

Last edited:
ok thank for ur advised

sanyo and sony. don't bother with anything else.

this is coming from a Maha user with quite a few sets of maha batteries and a maha charger with refresh and analyse function.

GP is bad too. good at the beginning but quickly becomes crap. i think sanyo works well for me, and sony is a close second. i'll just stick to sanyo in the future. the normal NiMH (not their eneloops) already hold charge very well even after one or two months. :thumbsup:

btw, i'm using maha imedion. had a friend who used powerex and we both found them to be utter crap. don't hold charge well, poor capacity, even when charged with the original charger. no such problems using my sanyos on the maha charger. so it's not the charger issue (at least the charger WORKS. i won't say it's spectacular either)

the good news is that sanyo cost abt the same or somewhat cheaper than maha. i'd get them from mustafa

Seriously.. I wonder how you use your PowerEx? I have 24 pieces and have NO issues whatsoever, even when I leave them for weeks on end.

For jobs, I'll condition them for a fresh charge to maintain the tip-top condition and they last so much better than any other batteries I use. I have 8 pieces of imedions for other usage and they can't beat the Maha in terms of continous usage.

Sanyo's are HOT in operation and charging. I gave up on them long ago...

Don't think along that line. Cheap chargers are dumb and stupid, best chances that batteries will die due to improper charging. A good charger has one slot and one charging circuit per battery allowing individual charging. In addition, they come with Slow Charge and Reformat function. Costs a few bucks more but it's worth.

I started using some Imedion Powerex. Found them to be not bad. Apparently keep their charges very long.
I have seen some CS-ers giving Powerex the thumbs up, some even saying that it is better than Sanyo Enelope.
I have no experience with Sanyo.
Would anyone here who has been using his/her Powerex give his/her view?
Cos I am intending to buy some more Powerex soon...

I started using some Imedion Powerex. Found them to be not bad. Apparently keep their charges very long.
I have seen some CS-ers giving Powerex the thumbs up, some even saying that it is better than Sanyo Enelope.
I have no experience with Sanyo.
Would anyone here who has been using his/her Powerex give his/her view?
Cos I am intending to buy some more Powerex soon...

I tried all sort of rechargeable batteries (Sanyo, Sony, Powerex, GP, Panasonics)for many many years. If u want me to vote, I will vote for Poweres-Imedion. Same thing for the charger, I will go for Maha charger. On top of the newer Maha charger C9000 (a bit bulky for 4 battery charger), My old Maha Charger C401 is still functioning like new after so many years of usage.

I tried all sort of rechargeable batteries (Sanyo, Sony, Powerex, GP, Panasonics)for many many years. If u want me to vote, I will vote for Poweres-Imedion. Same thing for the charger, I will go for Maha charger. On top of the newer Maha charger C9000 (a bit bulky for 4 battery charger), My old Maha Charger C401 is still functioning like new after so many years of usage.

Hey bkling1.
That's a real confidence booster!
Thank you.
I foresee myself using quite a lot of Powerex for long distance travel.
The other thing is: If I use an Energiser battery charger to charge my Powerex, any ill-effects?

Sanyo Eneloops. Never false on me. Long battery life also, I can do a full day shot with only a set of them.

i've used GP, Powerex, Sanyo and now Sony.

GP is not as good as it seems. the first few times its good but after that it gives way... The Recyko which is like the Imedions and Eneloop lacks the punch. it's rated at 2100mah same as the imedions and eneloops if im not wrong but doesnt recycle as fast. thats what i feel

Sanyo. never owned the 2700mah ones so cant comment. however the imedions feel good. retains its charge well and gives that punch when you need it. recommended

POwerex. I;ve a dozen of these 2700mah bbut only 4X are still "alive". they can take abuse very well and live up to its expectations. i'm saving up for a charger with refresher function to revive my batts. The imedions live up to its name.. a contender to the eneloops. recommended too

Sony , just bought recently, looks good but can comment yet. so far feels like a sanyo and powerex. gonna shoot more before commenting

Status
Not open for further replies.