Anyone know where selling Sigma 500 DG Super?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net
Canon mount.

Went to a few places in city area, dun have...
Anyone know where currently have stock?

Thanks...

You should try MS Color. Got mine (Minolta mount) around $320 with GST earlier this year. BUt I had to order and wait for about 2 weeks for it.

AReality said:
Canon mount.

Went to a few places in city area, dun have...
Anyone know where currently have stock?

Thanks...

I just checked the price from AP two days ago.
$340 with GST.

Checked with Sigma warehouse too.
No stock for the moment
$335 (never say with or without GST)

I'm planning to buy one too but then I don't know nuts about using flash so do you advise me getting one and picking up from there? If so maybe we can go together get a better bargain. :D

Oh, BTW, the guy there insisted that I get the 550EX and mentioned that everyone who bought the 500DG went back to change for the 550. When asked why, he explained that the colour is better for the 550....... (huh??!?!?!?!?!!!.......) I probably looked too newbie.......

Reviews for the 500DG not that bad what. Anyone using it? Any comments?

HelmetBox said:
Oh, BTW, the guy there insisted that I get the 550EX and mentioned that everyone who bought the 500DG went back to change for the 550. When asked why, he explained that the colour is better for the 550....... (huh??!?!?!?!?!!!.......) I probably looked too newbie.......

Alamark .... of course the colour is better for 550 vs 500DG for them mah ..... Blue coloured dollars notes vs Red coloured dollars notes in profit and sales ..... hhehehehe.....

U never ask him what did he mean by colour is better for the 550 ;) ..... last time when I try to be my 10D, that salesperson give a lot of craps about must get USM because it provide better quality picture .... etc etc .... a whole lot of bull .....

blurblock said:
Alamark .... of course the colour is better for 550 vs 500DG for them mah ..... Blue coloured dollars notes vs Red coloured dollars notes in profit and sales ..... hhehehehe.....

U never ask him what did he mean by colour is better for the 550 ;) ..... last time when I try to be my 10D, that salesperson give a lot of craps about must get USM because it provide better quality picture .... etc etc .... a whole lot of bull .....

Lews, I so wanted to but then I know I will end up being snooked again coz I know nuts, so wass wiser to shut up and listen. Just nodded and don't make rash decisions :D

No choice man, being a newbie always kena con, so must go with more experienced people, must read more, learn more then go snook them back! heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeee

HelmetBox said:

Hmmm... Dunno also... But price diff is ~~ $200.
The 550EX will of coz be better in all ways... But is the price justified or not?
Either no one using the 500DG or it's too popular liao, that's Y no stock...
Konota no stock for canon mount.
Haven't checked AP/MScolor.

Me also newbie about flashes... That's Y seek help from U all 1st...
No one here has the Sigma 500 DG Super to give comments?

I've heard quite a few complaints about the 500DG, like it seems to have
a relatively short lifespan. A couple of my friends' didn't last 6 months before
the bulb burned out. But then again, they are rather heavy flash users, so not
sure how it will perform with normal usage.

And quite a lot of users buy the 550EX over the 500DG because of better
assurance in compatibility. The Sigma flash was designed through reverse
engineering, so it might not be as good as the original Canon flash.

AReality said:
Hmmm... Dunno also... But price diff is ~~ $200.
The 550EX will of coz be better in all ways... But is the price justified or not?
Either no one using the 500DG or it's too popular liao, that's Y no stock...
Konota no stock for canon mount.
Haven't checked AP/MScolor.

Me also newbie about flashes... That's Y seek help from U all 1st...
No one here has the Sigma 500 DG Super to give comments?

Like that chui, then we cannot go get the flash together, two new birds sure kena shot down :bsmilie:

I've posted a few request for users comments but then no reply, maybe really no one using?

Read about everything that can be said about the lens on the net. Apparently the build's not as good, lacking in a few functions and its just a few guide numbers lower than the 550 and thats about all. The only major worry is the compatibility if there comes a point when you need to upgrade. But then if you choose to opt away from canon, then the 550 also obsolete wat :dunno:

At the amount you are paying, its even cheaper than the 420 and comes with more power and features, so it fully justifies the price. If the bulb blows, i'm sure it can be changed. Worse to worse get another 500 also somehow worth it.

I can't possible afford the 550 and maybe thats why my heart's kinda set on the 500. But then if you've got the cash, by all means go for the 550.

Oh and I ask, should I get a tripod first or should I get a flash first? :D

If no one in S'pore use the 500DG super, then I'll have to go for the 550EX. Dun wanna be the odd 1 out... & hear "I told U so..." comments... :(

AReality said:
If no one in S'pore use the 500DG super, then I'll have to go for the 550EX. Dun wanna be the odd 1 out... & hear "I told U so..." comments... :(

....... Come on man! We've got to step out of our circle! hehehe..... cause I can't afford the 550 and dun want to be the only one kena told, "I told u so"! Wakakakaka :bsmilie:

Oh well, matrix letting go his 550, check out his thread!

Cheers!

AReality said:
yar...
But the bid is at $520
Maybe should get a new 1..

New one @ $600.

Its your call!

Enjoy flashing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.