anyone know where I can get a laser sight mounted on my cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingo

anyone know where I can get a laser sight mounted on my cam?

I saw it once... but I lost the link. Essentially it's a laser pointer mounted on the camera's flashmount.

the TS is also looking for a beam shooter though the image he posted is a aimpoint red dot sight. not a laser pointer. the aimpoint mount is a DIY coz its designed for guns.

laser pointer is designed as novelty items nowadays in the form of key chains and pens and can be bought in some stalls but of course it doesnt come with mount.

this is the thread you're looking for.

the TS is also looking for a beam shooter though the image he posted is a aimpoint red dot sight. not a laser pointer. the aimpoint mount is a DIY coz its designed for guns.

laser pointer is designed as novelty items nowadays in the form of key chains and pens and can be bought in some stalls but of course it doesnt come with mount.

this is the thread you're looking for.

thanks. so I guess there is'nt such a thing. gah.

unless I make one.

:think:

Make alot? Sounds light those SWAT or SDU team storming in with their guns fitted with the laser.... Then when they aim around can see the beam move... :bsmilie: Sounds cool though... :cool:

BUT... What's the practical use? :think:

Use that one, when u shoot event that have some VIP --> Sniper ?
I don't think if u make one it won't be much use since when u press the shutter,the laser still on ?

Use that one, when u shoot event that have some VIP --> Sniper ?
I don't think if u make one it won't be much use since when u press the shutter,the laser still on ?
Maybe make it like totally opposite from flash (fire when pressed shutter)... Then the laser is off when pressed shutter plus on only when half depressed only...

Now, I thought of a practical use... When composing pictures from a difficult angle that you can't look through the viewfinder and also to the point that vari-angle LCD and Olympus LIVE view mode can't help... The laser will help to compose the picture...

Currently, I'm using the AF-illuminator as a guide when it comes to this kind of situation... Laser seems to be a good idea for "longer range"... :think:

laser.jpg

I'm thinking of this design, but dunno how to include the laser into the camera body, with the magnification of the lens, i guess the reach would be increased as well... but then might have some defraction if not pinpointed accurately. another way is to make a angle finder with 2 peep hole, 1 from straight, one from top, either 1 can insert a laser.

based on my imaginative sci-fi mind...

laser.jpg

I'm thinking of this design, but dunno how to include the laser into the camera body, with the magnification of the lens, i guess the reach would be increased as well... but then might have some defraction if not pinpointed accurately. another way is to make a angle finder with 2 peep hole, 1 from straight, one from top, either 1 can insert a laser.

based on my imaginative sci-fi mind...
Try to beam laser pointer to eyefinder. Who knows it can project the laser beam from the front of lens. With a little imagination, you can project Field of View (Field of View from what you see on viewfinder).

Regards,
Arto.

Try to beam laser pointer to eyefinder. Who knows it can project the laser beam from the front of lens. With a little imagination, you can project Field of View (Field of View from what you see on viewfinder).

Regards,
Arto.

tats wat i am thinking... using the lens u use to project the laser instead of using external laser that need to project over long distances.

tats wat i am thinking... using the lens u use to project the laser instead of using external laser that need to project over long distances.
The problem, when it is small dot, the laser red dot is visible enough for the distance. But when you spread it using lens (to project Field of View), it will not strong/visible enough.

Regards,
Arto.

what if we get high powered green lasers and shine the beam through the viewfinder in front? it should be strong enough to illuminate the target.

i am also digging the cross and pointed af illuminator patterns and yes, the idea of having multiple laser points highlight the frame of the image is a really good idea too.

;)

what if we get high powered green lasers and shine the beam through the viewfinder in front? it should be strong enough to illuminate the target.

i am also digging the cross and pointed af illuminator patterns and yes, the idea of having multiple laser points highlight the frame of the image is a really good idea too.

;)

frame is not a very good idea as there is usually nothing at the edge of the frame. But the laser pointer at the center is a GREAT idea. How come none of the DSLRs have it? Should be trivial to implement but extremely useful.

go patent it :)

frame is not a very good idea as there is usually nothing at the edge of the frame. But the laser pointer at the center is a GREAT idea. How come none of the DSLRs have it? Should be trivial to implement but extremely useful.

go patent it :)

i only dream about ideas, problem is i dun have time as i got many design to think about... haha... anyway, if a cam manufacturer wanna improvise, can even use the af points for laser metering.

Laser izit dangerous to the eyes or not ?
I think the human subject must protect himself like this ==>> :cool:

Laser izit dangerous to the eyes or not ?
I think the human subject must protect himself like this ==>> :cool:

unless there is defraction back to the eye, else my design only go 1 way out... anyone wanna join me in my design phase? we can work something out, i need a donation... 1 seagull angle finder and a laser pointer... ;)

unless there is defraction back to the eye, else my design only go 1 way out... anyone wanna join me in my design phase? we can work something out, i need a donation... 1 seagull angle finder and a laser pointer... ;)

I can donate the laser pointer. I can get lasers for really cheap. However it's just the normal red dot kind of laser, not the stronger green ones.

I can donate the laser pointer. I can get lasers for really cheap. However it's just the normal red dot kind of laser, not the stronger green ones.

ok, i still lack the angle finder... cos i'll be doing forensic on the angle finder, and might replace it with a translucent piece of plastic, have to source...

Status
Not open for further replies.