anyone know where can i get exposed slide films

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaowugui82

Jul 12, 2005
i am looking for exposed slide films to cover my flash so tat i could onli emit infra red rays. however i dun know where can i get exposed slides cheaply ? thanks. :lovegrin:

Common sense -> any shop the develops slides?? I'm sure they have "left over" exposed slides when they mount the slides.

Fotohub @ Beach Road, Ruby @ opp. Peninsular Plaza, etc.

Pardon me for my slightly harsh tone, but I guess you (or whoever calls themselves a "newbie") should do a bit more homework. Posting in Newbie Corner doesn't excuse one from not doing their homework...:rolleyes:

actually i'm also looking for some.
thing is when i go to those local shops to ask, they 'har? what is that? why u want?'

and it takes me 10 mins to explain what exactly i want...then they say don't have...all throw away.....

another shop (KM clementi) even better...say cannot give because it is property of the film owner....

Ah Pao said:
Common sense -> any shop the develops slides?? I'm sure they have "left over" exposed slides when they mount the slides.

Fotohub @ Beach Road, Ruby @ opp. Peninsular Plaza, etc.

Pardon me for my slightly harsh tone, but I guess you (or whoever calls themselves a "newbie") should do a bit more homework. Posting in Newbie Corner doesn't excuse one from not doing their homework...:rolleyes:

Yeah i have to really say this as i wouldn't wan newbies who jus asking a harmless questions to be shoot off by experienced ppl like u... :sweat:

yeah of course homework eh? well if tat's the case then we shouldn't have a newbie section the first place? how about u intro some recommended text for mi to read... :rolleyes: u speak like my lecturer... claims to be willing to help us, when we ask questions keeps saying tat we dun bother to do research in the first place. if i could or know where to find information or do research... do u think i would have any questions to ask? like tat who would wanna ask him questions? Moreover, most of us newbie are using digital rarely we ever touch film, wat more could we be using slide..? it's not like i'm asking simple questions like wat is a slide film stuff which could be easily found on the net :rolleyes: but could the net or any textbook give mi information on which photo centre in Sg is generous to give mi some exposed slide flims instead of throwing it away?...

yes of course get from place where they develop slides... but yet not all photo centres develops slides and not all of them are generous to give mi exposed slides for free.Also not many ppl develop slides though... not as much as film and digital. it's like getting empty flim canisters some shops are very kind to give them to u... some would rather throw them away...

Of course in the end... we newbies ( or self proclaimed newbies) are still on the road to learning. some of us have the time to read up some dont. Some of us are experienced in some stuff but not others. An experienced film photographer may also be a newbie in technology. however most of us newbies ( or self proclaimed newbies) jus wan some kind soul to share information with us, sometimes to help us remove the hassle of learning thru the hard way. For those of u who alws do their homework and wouldn't wanna waste time on answering our question... pls dun bother to look into the newbie session... it's for your health sake.;)

"In teaching and learning, there is no stupid question. If you really think that the question is stupid, you should have the grace and courage to give a wise answer."
- Dean of Chemistry (NUS)

xiaowugui82 said:
Yeah i have to really say this as i wouldn't wan newbies who jus asking a harmless questions to be shoot off by experienced ppl like u... :sweat:

yeah of course homework eh? ...

If you're taking it personally, I can't say anything...kinda prepared to be flamed when I posted my previous post. :rolleyes: Your question is valid, just that I don't have the grace and wisdom to answer it gracefully...:bsmilie:

I still maintain my stand, please do some homework - not just to you, but also to me and all of us. I don't want to go into specifics of doing "homework", so I leave it as that...unless you want some, then PM me...haha...no point flooding this thread with OT posts. ;)

EDIT: You want some exposed slides, I can cut a piece off for you - I'm open to PM. Oh yah, I do hope that my postings won't make you give up photography or leave ClubSNAP...I hope I'm not that influential. :)

xiaowugui82 said:
i am looking for exposed slide films to cover my flash so tat i could onli emit infra red rays. however i dun know where can i get exposed slides cheaply ? thanks. :lovegrin:
You mean unexposed slide film? Exposed slide film are just transparent.
You can buy a roll and immediately ask them to process for you. :) However, it might be cheaper to visit Sim Lim Tower and see if they sell those IR pass plastic which are used on IR remote controls.

Must it be slide?

I thought normal film is enough?

Breathe said:
Must it be slide?

I thought normal film is enough?
*shrug* I haven't done a spectral analysis on the passband of either before. :)

i heard this same method from my classmate, i was shooting 5x4 when sh!t happened so 2 slides were unexposed (i dont know why, dun ask. one of life's mysteries). anyway i got back from the lab with both 'black'. my classmate then asked if he could have them.

well AFAIK he hasnt tried it yet and is looking to buy a proper IR filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.