Anyone know of cheap/budget hotels near the downtown area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotel 81 and the other budget hotels, i think around $50 a night, you cantry asking ZC I think he was there.

[size=+4]HAISING HOTEL[/size][size=+2]37 Jalan Besar Singapore 208801[/size][size=+1]Tel: (65) 62981223 Fax: (65) 62986609[/size][size=+1]Email: hs@haising.com.sg[/size] Start from $20. FYI Have a pleasant trip.

hangout at emily hill - 76
hotel 81 bencoolen - 89
RELC - 89

How about "The Seventh Storey" hotel located near Parco Bugis Junction, adjacent to the open field?

snowspeeder said:
How about "The Seventh Storey" hotel located near Parco Bugis Junction, adjacent to the open field?

Yeah...the "New 7th Storey" near Parco Bugis not bad for traveller. There are also some budget accomodations upstair kopitiam opposite Parco Bugis around Liang Seah St. Or may be can try nice budget guesthouse the inn-crowd Bunk & Brekkie at Dunlop St, little india area. This accomodation is designated only for non-Singaporean pasport holder ;)

hotel 81 lor..

you always see the adverts on tv.. very friendly one.. somemore can watch soccer..

or don't know what lah, they have been advertising on TV...

wow! haagen_dazs .. u post everywhere :)
saw u @ hardwarezone.. now @ CS.. next.... :p

I've a links page on my website that lists down about 10 budget hotel accomodations in Singapore that I normally recommend friends passing through.

http://www.walkeast.com/links.php

otherwise you can check around Bencoolen street (near Bugis and City Hall MRTs) and Keong Siak Street (near Outram MRT)

ortega said:
hotel 81 and the other budget hotels, i think around $50 a night, you cantry asking ZC I think he was there.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

There's a backpackers hotel at Bussorah Mall/Arab Street area near the Sultan Mosque. Nice & quiet. Dunno how it cost though :dunno:

There is a backpackers hostel along liang seah street next to bugis junction. IIRC, it's about $40 a night

at mayo street directly opposite of simlim tower. on top of the coffee shop.
rooms rate at $50.
very clean and good.

zekai said:
hangout at emily hill - 76
hotel 81 bencoolen - 89
RELC - 89

hangout is good. though i nv been there b4, but their concept is very fresh. bright colours n cool furnitures are used. (As seen from their print ads and website). i think its managed by a company that manages one of the cinemas coys in Sg. :)

if not u can try hotel81 at lavender. cos everytime have to pass by there to go to marina area. and i think it is rather near to town area. difference btn hotel81 bencoolen and lavender is that, for bencoolen outlet, theres an additional charge cos its in TOWN area.

hoe much more? i dunno. for you to find out!

Backpackers' hotel at Keong Saik Rd, Chinatown. Good food, loose women nearby. Definitely less than YMCA.

The other one I can recommend is Balestier Hotel - the one with the lighting shop on the ground level. They change their sheets very regularly.

Ok i would recommed hotel 81 either bencoolen or chinatown. should be around the same rate of $80/night?

theres another one i stayed before, robertson quay hotel. the room is small, stand bath, (similar to H81) but it comes with facilities of a small pool, basic gym and warm jacuzzi in the gym toilet.
that's also $80/night.
www.robertsonquayhotel.com.sg

edited: not bad coz near mhd sultan but walk to clarke quay mrt abit far.
chinatown still the best lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.