Anyone know bukit timah old kampung location ?

Some ruins of old kampongs can be found at the Dairy Farm Nature Park. From the carpark, head towards the Wallace Environmental Learning Lab (used to be a Cowshed) and the trail start from there...

Pretty sure those pics are taken along the cycling track in bukit timah nature reserve. From visitor's centre, enter the cycling track ( downslope side, not the upslope side)

You will soon go upslope again, then just keep a lookout, the ruins will be on your left.

People used to stay in bukit timah hill, these are what's left of their houses. Can clearly see the different rooms as part of the walls are still there.

The photos shown are only of 1 such place, there are many more if you frequent bukit timah hill. The others I cant give directions, but this one mentioned is the nearest to the visitor's centre

I believe the writer was referring to Batu Tujuh all the way to Batu Sepuluh.

No more kampong there but lots of terrace houses, bungalows & condominiums plus HDB Estate and pockets of State Reserves.
On the right side after the old Fire Station towards Woodlands till Jln Asas is Bukit Timah Forest Reserve.

Batu Tujuh (7th Milestone) refers to the vicinity of Jalan Jurong Kechil/Upper Bukit Timah junction while Batu Sepuluh (10th Milestone) vicinity of Choa Chu Kang Road/Upper Bukit Timah/Woodlands Road junction.
That is how 10 Mile Junction Complex gets it name.

But the kampong did not end there. It stretched all the way to Kranji and Lorong Fatimah at Woodlands.

BTW, i spent my childhood days in Kampong Tempeh, vicinity of Batu Enam (6th Milestone), Jalan Haji Alias off 6th Avenue in the 60s till mid 70s.

Last edited:
A 10 miles different ? Meaning how many kilo ?

It mention Beauty World, and now become Chua Chu Kang / Bukit Panjang ?

Without proper guide, think city dwellers may easily get lost trying to locate this place.

A 10 miles different ? Meaning how many kilo ?

It mention Beauty World, and now become Chua Chu Kang / Bukit Panjang ?

Without proper guide, think city dwellers may easily get lost trying to locate this place.

You do not get lost in tiny SG, only misguided for poor historical and current knowledge of it locality.

Beauty World was at Batu Tujuh.

The milestone referred is not about distance but locality.
I did not mention any distance from one location to another.

How many kilo to a mile?
Pardon me but that is where your intellect comes in.

Last edited:
No doubt Singapore is tiny, but with all the resources, days and nite combing here and there, yet couldn't locate a limping guy. ;p

I am poor in conversion, needs help.

And I doubt this LOVE_sky would be able to grasp what you are referring.

Last edited:
Sorry LOVE_sky,

I think you will be disappointed, as even our friend anuar ahmad which spent his childhood days around that area, jalan haji alias ( as stated ) is unable to pinpoint the exact location to your request. He only believes ( as stated ) it is somewhere between batu tujuh and batu sepuluh.

Perhaps someone can be more specific to help ?

Yes..9V, if he is taking note and is within his capacity, could drop us a satellite closeup image of the above location.

Last edited:
just checking....those kampung still fuctioning??

If there is life, there will be someform of track leading out to the main road, so a satellite image will be able to pinpoint the exact location.

But if it is already abandoned, then it could be cover will a lot of growth.

and that is why the SPI go there to see whether got ghost or not.

Btw, at the critique corner, there is a post of the last kampong in Singapore, according to the TS, it is at lorong buangkok. This one still exist for sure.

Last edited:
I've been there when i was a kid. My dad used to stay there, so he knew the area. It's not at the hill area. You have to wonder off from the main road. You will end up somewhere in the forest along the cycling path. There used to be a well. And there's this place where my dad told me it's from the hill. The water is clean and refreshing. It was drinkable. Now the well has been replaced with a blue pail and a hose.

So it is reachable by cycling, mountain bike I suppose.

LOVE_sky, all you need to do is just get on with your mountain bike, with photo gears backpacked and set off.

Remember to show us some pictures. Cheers.

Last edited:
SPI might be refering to the Singapore Gun Club Range area at Rifle Range Road.

I used to have a primary school friend staying around that area.

Wow !! Thank for all the information.

Too bad, i stay at east area so i need to plan how to get a bicycle for that adventure ...

:think: