Anyone into Panerai?

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
Howdy folks!

Got bitten by the Panerai bug recently. Got the PAM 00441 2 weeks ago and am loving it! I was looking at a few others before deciding on this and the AD got it for me within a week. Ao anyone here into these as well?:) Excuse me for the bad snapshot.

very nice.

sadly I can't justify or bring myself to buy a watch that cost that much. lol

You might find fellow enthusiasts in the local watch forums.

OMG! Just checked the price :O

Anyway, that sure is a beautiful watch, loved to have one... but as of now... I cannot even afford an Oly m4/3 75-300mm with all my other commitments :(

Nice! I am also into watches.
Sadly I am also into aquariums and now photography. Too many hobbies. Stopped collecting watches after acquiring a few. I am aiming a PAM 392 (42mm) because the 44-46mm ones simply oversized for my small wrists. PAMs normally in the range of 8k - 12k new am I right?
Congratz on your purchase. I bet you are also a regular on SGROC heh.

And also, just a side note, although I only buy 2nd hand cameras and lens, I can never bring myself to buy a 2nd hand watch be Rolex or PAM. Maybe its the simple fact that I have to use it everyday close to my skin ")

OMG! Just checked the price :O

Anyway, that sure is a beautiful watch, loved to have one... but as of now... I cannot even afford an Oly m4/3 75-300mm with all my other commitments :(

We all have our commitments. If you really like one, can hun for a pre-owned piece. Pre-owned Panerai base models go for about $5k and they hold their value relatively well.

Nice! I am also into watches.
Sadly I am also into aquariums and now photography. Too many hobbies. Stopped collecting watches after acquiring a few. I am aiming a PAM 392 (42mm) because the 44-46mm ones simply oversized for my small wrists. PAMs normally in the range of 8k - 12k new am I right?
Congratz on your purchase. I bet you are also a regular on SGROC heh.

I don't have large wrist so I usually go for 42mm or 44mm. That's probably the biggest I will go for. Price for Panerai varies and depends largely on case material, functions(complications) and if its a limited edition. Stainless steel base models start from around $6k. The tourbillon models will go beyond $150k. Yes, I'm on sg-roc too.

Last edited:
I was interested a couple of years ago but decided against it as given the price, it is unlikely that I would want to take it apart and explore the movements. I like to tinker with things.

Howdy folks!

Got bitten by the Panerai bug recently. Got the PAM 00441 2 weeks ago and am loving it! I was looking at a few others before deciding on this and the AD got it for me within a week. Ao anyone here into these as well?:) Excuse me for the bad snapshot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arkitecture/9023929976/
pam 00441 by arkitectural photography, on Flickr

Your arm is too fair and too thin for this type of watch

nice watch :) Panerai's a no nonsense brand that really emphasizes on mechanical beauty and of course, durability.

But i'm into IWC keke
3719-01-640.jpg

an upcoming brand every watch lover should watch out is Obris Morgan
Obris-Morgan-Branco-2.jpg

these 2 are my most worn everyday , photos belong to their respective owners.

How much is this obrix morgan?

That is a nice watch you have there Kit.

I looked at Panerai before. Very nice watches, just too expensive for me to afford.