Anyone into Modernist designer furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAMIENO

Apr 18, 2002
BUKIT TIMAH
Visit site
hi anyone here into designer furniture? interior designers?

pieces like Castiglioni's Arco lamps, corbusier's chaise lounge, eames chairs?

just wan to know where to get them in singapore for a reasonable price.

Well, my sister is an interior designer/designer for some furniture manufacturing company. What you have in mind? maybe I can ask her for you....

what you are looking for, you'll have to order from overseas... I have yet to meet or come across a furniture design company that imports them. You looking for Corbusier's orginals?... :)

Actually i found some knockoffs like breuer's wassily chairs and the corbusier chaise lounge in castilla. just wondering whether there are more alternatives around. (read cheap)

corbusier stuff is quite common in singapore.

but other pieces like Eames RAR or Nelson benches are not that easy to find.original? damn ex man!

hmm do you think that it would be easier to get them custom made? any lobang?

Getting a new hdb apt. soon and would like furniture to have a little history and character... also that pieces from that movement have form and function.

DAMIENO said:
Actually i found some knockoffs like breuer's wassily chairs and the corbusier chaise lounge in castilla. just wondering whether there are more alternatives around. (read cheap)

corbusier stuff is quite common in singapore.

but other pieces like Eames RAR or Nelson benches are not that easy to find.original? damn ex man!

hmm do you think that it would be easier to get them custom made? any lobang?

Getting a new hdb apt. soon and would like furniture to have a little history and character... also that pieces from that movement have form and function.

I think the replicas from castilla are pretty poor in terms of workmanship.

there's a shop on bencoolen street selling the panton chairs for as low as $100. But can tell from the colours they are a bit off.

The good stuff can be found at:

1. SPACE - second floor of millenia walk, end of harvey norman. i bought my arco lamp there.

2. Lorgans - Can pick up some unique pieces, nice lights also. But prices are not cheap also. One panton cost about $350. Spotted an Egg Chair there at a cool 6.5K! check out www.lorgans.com

3. Lifestorey - Pacific Plaza

4. Pop!Con - this is located somewhere in Chip Lee Gardens near holland village. check out www.popconlife.com

5. Limited Edition at Central Mall. Expensive, but guess that's the price of orginals.

Lastly, there was a mega warehouse sale of second-hand office furniture on the second floor of Liang Court some time back. Picked up two herman miller armchairs there at a steal. Not sure if the sale is still on. Call Jerry at 98581338 to confirm.

Hope you have fun hunting for your dream pieces.

Cheers!

REznor:
thanks for the lead on liang court. unfortunately only a few pieces of eileen gray side tables were available (of interest to me!) for about 500bucks. and some bombo chairs. Aiyah! you took all the knoll office chairs is it? din leave one for me!:p anyway saw some nice pieces but wife not impressed so its back to looking.

Limited Edition damn ex man. but they din have what i want- an eames rocker. going to ask space if they have the repro. from Vitra.(since they have the miniature.;))

Status
Not open for further replies.