anyone interested in a psychology talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, i'm not sure if i would be blasted for posting something non-photography related. but if anyone is interested in the topic of psychology, there is a talk on the coming sat!

What_is_a_psychologist_A4_JPEG_150d.jpg

Details
Topic: What is a Psychologist?
Date: Sat 17 Nov
Time: 2 - 3.30pm
Venue: NLB Possibility Room @ Level 5

Synopsis:
What do psychologists do, and how do we distinguish them from psychiatrists? Dr John Michael Elliott will discuss the non-clinical applications and make clear their professional and academic roles. Emphasis will be put on the means by which psychologists are recognised and their qualifications accepted. The importance of recognition by professional bodies in the absence of legal registration requirements will be stressed, and hear him speak on the limitations of 'pop' psychology.

To register for the talk
Please email edutalk.sps@gmail.com
Admission fees is $6.
Light refreshments are provided at the end of the talk.

John Michael Elliott
Associate Professorial Fellow,
Department of Psychology,
National University of Singapore.

Born 1945, Dr Elliott took his honours degree in experimental psychology, at Cambridge (UK) in 1967, and his PhD in Sheffield (UK) in 1975. He joined NUS in 1986 when the Psychology degree was in its first year. His research interests include the study of cognitive, motor and social development in children, attitudes to child abuse, and evolutionary psychology. His experience has included a spell as Psychologist in the then Ministry of Social Affairs, Singapore (1973-76), and also as a member of the Panel of Advisers to the Juvenile Court in that period. He is a past President of the Singapore Psychological Society, and a former member of the Bioethics Advisory Committee, Singapore. A Citizen of Singapore, he currently also serves on the Resource Panel to the Police Psychological Services Division, The National Medical Ethics Committee, and Chairs the Research Committee of the Singapore Children's Society. He is also President of the Orchid Society of South East Asia and Editor of the Malayan Orchid Review.

indeed. will ask my sis if she's interested since she's taking her A levels right now. Thanks for sharing bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.