Anyone interested for train photography outing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintinspartan

Mar 25, 2008
Well, hi, first of all

I'm new here and I'm inviting people who are interested in railway photography to a train photography outing this on 5th April 2008 at 2:20 pm. Meeting place is at Bukit Timah Mcdonalds (near to King Albert Park) For those who don't know still, it's near the Bukit Timah Rail Bridge

So in brief,

Time: 1:00 pm
Date: 5th April 2008
Place of Meetup: King Albert Park Mcdonalds Restraunt
Places of Photoshoot: Bukit Timah Station, Kampung Bahru Flyover (Bridge over Singapore KTM Railway Yard), Buona Vista (Tanglin Halt)

Schedule:

1 pm: Meet Up at King Albert Park Mcdonalds
1pm - 1:30 pm: Bukit Timah Track Shoot (Train 28 Passing at this time)
1:30 pm - 2pm: Transit Time
2 pm - 2:30 pm: Buona Vista/Tanglin Halt Shoot
2:30 pm - 3:15 pm: Bus Photoshoot (Requires Permission) Service 191 and 95
3:15 pm - 3:35 pm: Tranist Time
3:40 pm - 4:45 pm: Tanjung Pagar Shoot
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm: Break
5:15 pm - 5:35 pm: Transit Time
5:35 pm - 6:15 pm: Kampung Bahru Road Shoot

6:15 pm End of Outing

Pls contact me at 98655496. Thanks.

Any objections can be forwarded to me via PM.

Thanks

edit: Trip postponed to 5th April due to various reasons

As of 28/3/08, 3 people has expressed interest

1) skopio
2) zero o
3) zulsalleh (deviantart user)

A few 'unoffcial' members of the KTM Railway Fan Club could be joining us. 2 unoffical members have agreed to join in.

1) trainanalyzt (Dinie)
2) Azmeefit2633

Hi! my name is weebi,
May I know is this a organisation or anyones can join as long you have a camera. tq!:)

Well, hi, first of all

I'm new here and I'm inviting people who are interested in railway photography to a train photography outing this on 5th April 2008 at 2:20 pm. Meeting place is at Bukit Timah Mcdonalds (near to King Albert Park) For those who don't know still, it's near the Bukit Timah Rail Bridge

So in brief,

Time: 2:20 pm
Date: 5th April 2008
Place of Meetup: King Albert Park Mcdonalds Restraunt
Places of Photoshoot: Bukit Timah Station, Kampung Bahru Flyover (Bridge over Singapore KTM Railway Yard), Buona Vista (Tanglin Halt)

Schedule:

2:20 pm - 2:30 pm: Meet-Up
2:30 pm - 3:15 pm: Bukit Timah Station Photoshoot (Pending Approval)
3:15 pm - 3:30 pm: Transit Time (Buona Vista, Tanglin Halt)
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Tanglin Halt/Buona Vista Photoshoot
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Transit Time (Seah Im Food Court)
4:30 pm - 4:45/5:00 pm: Break
5:00 pm - 5:15 pm: Transit Time (Tanjung Pagar KTM)
5:15 pm - 5:45 pm: Tanjung Pagar Railway Station Photoshoot
5:45 pm - 6:00 pm: Transit Time (Outside Tanjung Pagar KTM)
6:00 pm - 6:15 pm: Trains Galore (Train Departure, Locomotive Coming In, Shunting Activity)
6:30 pm: End of Outing

Any objections can be forwarded to me via PM.

Thanks

edit: Trip postponed to 5th April due to various reasons

Weebi: Anyone can go with us. All train enthusiasts and shutterbugs are welcome in this trip. (In other words, anyone)

StanGetz: Thanks for your interest. You're in

To all:
Current Schedule may be subject to changes. Outing most likely brought foward to start at 12:45 pm.

I want to join. :D

Ok.

8 people have expressed interest.

1) ngck12
2) Clues
3) han manfrotto
4) StanGetz
5) zulsalleh
6) zero o
7) skopio
8) weebi

Pls be informed that we are taking public transport unless someone would kindly like to hire a bus for the trip?

i would like to join.

Count me in man...

sorry i have to pull out. would have liked to go but something cropped up this saturday. =(

if you ever go down again pls pm me i want to go. even if not full blown outing i don't mind going down. =)

11 people have expressed interest.

1) ngck12
2) Clues
3) han manfrotto
4) StanGetz
5) zulsalleh
6) zero o
7) weebi
8) bigomatik
9) albertlse
10) rh89
11) hazfrye

just PMed you

Guys, the trip is confirmed but the time will be shifted to start at 1 pm. Pls note that I've considered chartering a minibus for the outing. So, the transport will cost from $100 - $150. Do you think it's worth it chartering a bus for this?

I have ran into difficulties trying to get approval from KTM about the photoshoot at Bukit Timah. So, please be patient and most likely the Bukit Timah Stop will be cancelled for now.

So, sorry for the change of plans but just recieved a letter from KTM showing that we need a letter written officially by ClubSNAP (President). So kind of in stress organising this outing.

New schedule up by tomorrow

Guys, the trip is confirmed but the time will be shifted to start at 1 pm. Pls note that I've considered chartering a minibus for the outing. So, the transport will cost from $100 - $150. Do you think it's worth it chartering a bus for this?

I have ran into difficulties trying to get approval from KTM about the photoshoot at Bukit Timah. So, please be patient and most likely the Bukit Timah Stop will be cancelled for now.

So, sorry for the change of plans but just recieved a letter from KTM showing that we need a letter written officially by ClubSNAP (President). So kind of in stress organising this outing.

New schedule up by tomorrow
i don't think there is a need to get a bus, i guess public bus will do fine and if the distance is short, perhaps walking mayb an option too, can get more pictures that way...rather then be limited with the bus schedule

Could anyone guide me in details on how can I reach the meeting point. Btw, I am from Bedok.
Organizer, pls PM me your contact number, in case I can't get to the place.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.