Anyone hit or dropped their camera/lens before?

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
Did anyone bumped their lens or cam before? How hard was the drop?

Dropped my 24-105L from waist height to hard marble floor. Filter smashed, filter ring stuck, everything else works perfectly.

dropped my canon 50mm f1.4 from waist (am 1.8m tall), it bounced off my shoe before crashing onto pebbles at hort park. everything's still working :)

Drop my 24-105mm L abt 1m height to my marble floor, everything intact but got problem mounting. Sent to Canon for Repairs and expensive $185 lesson!!

Dropped my 500D with battery grip, and 50mm f1.8 face from the height of Starbucks Coffee table ... the fall broke the lens ... camera still working fine, but lens no point in repairing, maybe cost more than a new one.

Painful lesson.

dropped a 50 mm f/1.8 lens before and now i know what it looks like internally. dropped another 300d before which survived the fall from the car seat with minimal scratch marks. well, depends on how it's dropped right?

Never dropped any lens or camera body before as i'm always very careful when handling these.

Never dropped any lens or camera body before as i'm always very careful when handling these.

thats why its called an accident, it happens when you least expected.

lucky for you.:thumbsup:

should take a look here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653285

some pretty epic ones. i ve killed a minolta SRT and panasonic FZ5 cos e strap caught onto something i yanked it out of my hand.

my d200 said hi to granite while i was shooting at a waterfall. e granite chipped.

mt FA and 50 1.2 said hi to the road when i ran in e rain and slipped. bounced around and rolled abit, but just afew marks, nothing wrong otherwise.

a week ago, was carrying my FTN and vivitar 105 macro. strap caught onto something and it went lens first onto e ground. now e buiilt in hood and filter thread is warped, but thnx to e full metal construction still going fine. camera is ok too(thankfully)

my friend dropped her spoilt lomo and it started to work properly again!

o.. i dropped my 135 f2 AIS with d200 while getting off e bus. my 1 day old protector shattered, but nothing else. my 105 1.8 AIS also suffered a similar encounter but without e cam body attached.

Hahaha,
in Indonesia languange, "terlalu sombong dan takabur dia" :bsmilie:

You'll know when sh*t happens, dude ;p

I'm always carefull with all my gear,
I know sometimes it happens, that's why I prefer L lenses

I've dropped 40D + 70-200mm, it broke the filter and the lens are fine,
40D body a little changing form in lens mounting but still working fine and people
won't know the difference, both of it already sold out now :bsmilie:

Hahaha,
I've dropped 40D + 70-200mm, it broke the filter and the lens are fine,
40D body a little changing form in lens mounting but still working fine and people
won't know the difference, both of it already sold out now :bsmilie:

huh, did you inform the new owner that you drop the camera and lens before selling to him?

huh, did you inform the new owner that you drop the camera and lens before selling to him?

i know its not right but the quote "things you dont know wont hurt you" applies...:sweat:

Have not dropped my camera or lens before but how about being hit by moving objects? Recently was shooting a beach volleyball game, was using 5D with 24-105mm L. Someone smacked the ball and the ball hit straight at my camera. I was standing next to the net area where the referee would normally would sit. The players came and asked if my camera was okay but camera and lens are working fine, i'm sure my eye was hurting more than the camera after being hit by the viewfinder.:bsmilie:

True, but if everytime one exercises care when handling such stuffs, these accidents can be truly avoided.

I also noticed that filters always takes the impact whenever a lens drops. A least a lot cheaper to replace than the lens itself.

I wonder if you drop it and damaged it while travelling , can you claim from travel insurance ...

I wonder if you drop it and damaged it while travelling , can you claim from travel insurance ...

hi
i suppose you can. but there'll always be a certain limit on how much you can claim--typically between $2000-5000, depending on the policy. so read the fine print always :)

24-70 onto the floor with 1ds mk2.

24-70 hood took the bulk of the damage, lens works fine. 1ds mk2 works like as if nothing happened.

hi
i suppose you can. but there'll always be a certain limit on how much you can claim--typically between $2000-5000, depending on the policy. so read the fine print always :)

but what if someone bring a spoilt camera (eg: 5dmk2) to oversea, and come back and claim insurrance?
best part is he do not even need to bring the camera or lens oversea, when come back, just show the passport to prove he is not in Singapore for the insurrance period and start bullshitting they want to claim insurrance as their expensive camera was spoilt there. Isn't there a lopehole?

Who claim insurrance for their camera before?