anyone here working for a local newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trlnlty

Mar 22, 2005
just wondering.. now im workign for my school newspaper here in Hawaii... its more of a part-time job but im slowly falling in love with photojournalism.

I've talked to people who are shooting for the local newspaper and they ALL love their jobs. And i feel like its something i would love doing for a living.

I heard they make about 20-40k/year depending on seniority.

How tough is it to get chosen to shoot for lets say the straits times? Is the local market over-saturated already ?

From what I heard from my friend, A Lianhe ZaoBao photographer, they only have two holidays a year; Christmas and Chinese New Year.Other than that, they are pretty stuck up with their work.Paywise I'm not too sure.

JediForce4ever said:
From what I heard from my friend, A Lianhe ZaoBao photographer, they only have two holidays a year; Christmas and Chinese New Year.Other than that, they are pretty stuck up with their work.Paywise I'm not too sure.

what do you mean stuck up with their work ?

trlnlty said:
what do you mean stuck up with their work ?
Anytime can get called up maybee....
I also just got admitted into LianHe Zhao bao's student photog team..so I guess I'm kinda working for them too....

JediForce4ever said:
I also just got admitted into LianHe Zhao bao's student photog team..so I guess I'm kinda working for them too....

well if my job is to shoot for the newspapers .. i guess doesnt that mean i will shoot everyday ? :dunno:

guess no one here really has must experience..

good job on getting into the papers..

are you planning to do it fulltime in the future?

someone here DOES have the experience.. just that he either didn't see this thread or prefers not to comment ;p

JediForce4ever said:

LOL see u next sunday..

Oh.. I can't rem who I talked to.. Once you're senior enough, I heard that there's no salary cap.. HEARD that VERY senior photog can take back 5 digits every month..

unseen said:
Oh.. I can't rem who I talked to.. Once you're senior enough, I heard that there's no salary cap.. HEARD that VERY senior photog can take back 5 digits every month..

wow.. thats insane..

i dream would be to work for getty or ap :think:

but i wonder if that will ever be possible

Maxim pah-keh?

Status
Not open for further replies.