Anyone here tried the "fake model" photography ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow :bigeyes: ... has anyone in CS tried to do what bitter girls had achieved with the TS lens? care to post and share?

wonder if the bitter girls did any post-processing to their photos? really interesting! :thumbsup:

Wow! This is really cool! Never heard of this technique before. Tried it out myself on some vacation pics from HK:

Touristy.jpg

Is it convincing?

The Bitter Girls blog has some of the most impressive miniature work I've seen. Great link.

yup, been visiting bitter girls photo for quite some time, have to say its really amazing and inspiring. wonder how many high rise building he/she had been to to have this large collection.

yup, been visiting bitter girls photo for quite some time, have to say its really amazing and inspiring. wonder how many high rise building he/she had been to to have this large collection.

The blog owner is Jyune 樹音, it's a he. ^^
Recently, he just held an exihibition of his works in Tokyo. He's got some really nice work, including a series of pictures just of bubbles in his bathtub.

Sounds fun! ;) Me using Photoshop 7...

My newbie attempt:
DSCF4932.jpg

Very nice. Pics really look miniaturized

Cool, great job guys.:)

i can't get it done, i followed every single step but once i get to the lens blur part, it blurs out the entire picture rather than keeping a selected area in focus.... anyone knows what have i done wrong?

There are certain rules in using the right photos, for example shooting down from an angle. U look at toys models from top not almost eye level that kind of height :) :) Below is one of my tilt and shift collection

tiltandshiftah1.jpg

i can't get it done, i followed every single step but once i get to the lens blur part, it blurs out the entire picture rather than keeping a selected area in focus.... anyone knows what have i done wrong?

I think one of the steps in the tutorial is wrong, you have to invert your selections from quick mask mode. So that the subjects you want in focus IS NOT selected.

Awesome stuff!

I've seen these effects in the NatGeo mag (August 2006 issue). To get those effects, the photographer used a view camera, an Ektar lens, probably with a shallow DOF.

You can see the pics here: http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0608/feature1/index.html

Thanks for sharing the photoshop method, a much more cost-effective approach indeed :thumbsup:

The first pic is nice at least the focus is on the bridge but pic 2 is off. the sky and the focus ? :dunno:

One of the good tilt and shift rule is try to avoid photos with alot of skies...coz model dun have skies...hehehe
Hmmm well, for the 2nd image, I was trying to keep the focus on the war memorial (which is on the left) and the reason which made me leave the sky there is because the models can have backdrops :).

Status
Not open for further replies.