Anyone here tried Opteka mirror lenses before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfbatzap

Jan 24, 2007
Tampines
Their 800mm f/8 lens are dirt cheap. Can't really find a decent review on it and was wondering whether anyone tried it before?

They even have a 650-1300mm lens!! :bsmilie:

Good enough for amatuer astro? :dunno:

Link to product

I was looking at their 500mm f/6.3. The reviews I found were not encouraging; average to below average. For your information, I've checked with them aout the shipping cost, it's about USD30. Payment is via PayPal.

yeah read some reviews here of their 650-1300mm.. at that price for a super tele-zoom lens, it seems like a "fun" lens instead of a serious one.. hahaha..

wonder if they're good enough for astrophotography..

I own one, 500mm F 6.3, not exactly th sharpest lens but fun & cheap. Tough to focus, any shake and sometimes i'm not even sure where is my subject and i have to hunt for it again.

The most important thing to note is that if sharpness or contrast is important thing to you, please do give it a miss. This is a manual lens.

Astrophotography, i have not used it much yet as Singapore's light pollution is bad and not sure where is a good place to take such shots plus my E500's night long exposure shots isn't the best to use either.

Let me share some pics taken with this lens, if any qns, feel free to ask

Taken from esplanade Balcony at a ndp rehersal.

p7116783.jpg

Taken at Singapore Birdpark

P8229353.JPG

If you can control the background, this is the famous ring bokeh!

p7187880.jpg

p7188037.jpg

wah was it difficult to get a relatively sharp pic bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.