Anyone here subscribe to Photographic Magazine??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cast123

Nov 28, 2003
Spore
Visit site
I subscribe to Photographic magazine some time back, till now i only received 2 issues( suppose to get 12 issues for a year's subscription) However they have cease publishing and Dec 05 is the last issue. But i suppose to get 10 more issues for my subscription!!!

Tried email them and their replies is:

Dear PHOTOgraphic subscriber:

Due to the rapid pace of change in the world of photography, we have
made the difficult business decision to cease publishing
Petersen's PHOTOgraphic magazine after the December 2005 issue.
This change will allow us to focus all of our time, energy, and
resources to continue the evolution and enhancements of Shutterbug magazine.

Visit us at www.shutterbug.com to subscribe.

Contact us at photographic@palmcoastd.com should you require further
assistance.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX

I tried sending them another mail and ask for compensation/replacement issues which i have yet to collect. Guess what! i got exactly the same reply as above :angry:

I normally dun subscribe .. go to book store look see look see .. if happy then buy the issue .. :)

i usually dont believe in overseas subscription till i give it a try to Photographic as its cheap even after calculated the shipping cost. Well learnt my lesson :sweat:

Just go borders to read or library to borrow:embrass:

Practical Photography is good.

To be honest, don't subscribe magazine like Petersen's or popular, the articles are recycle every 12 months. You get sick of reading it after awhile.

There are some other magazines are more specialize into certain areas, but are very expensive, subscribe this kind of magazines, is still the best way and more economical than buying from book stores.

cast123 said:
I subscribe to Photographic magazine some time back, till now i only received 2 issues( suppose to get 12 issues for a year's subscription) However they have cease publishing and Dec 05 is the last issue. But i suppose to get 10 more issues for my subscription!!!

Tried email them and their replies is:

Dear PHOTOgraphic subscriber:

Due to the rapid pace of change in the world of photography, we have
made the difficult business decision to cease publishing
Petersen's PHOTOgraphic magazine after the December 2005 issue.
This change will allow us to focus all of our time, energy, and
resources to continue the evolution and enhancements of Shutterbug magazine.

Visit us at www.shutterbug.com to subscribe.

Contact us at photographic@palmcoastd.com should you require further
assistance.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX

I tried sending them another mail and ask for compensation/replacement issues which i have yet to collect. Guess what! i got exactly the same reply as above :angry:

did u subscribe thru a local agent or directly with them? if u did it directly, sad to say, ur $$$ might be as good as gone... :sweat:

i subscribed thru a local agent and went thru a few merry-go-rounds with them b4 they changed my subscription to shutterbug. i'll not renew my subscription of shutterbug after its lapsed. not really worth it, IMO.

i subscribe thru PRIMEDIA, its an oversea agent i guess. So there goes my hopes :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.