Anyone here still plays Monopoly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Just curious if anyone here still plays this retro board game in an age of hi-tech computer gaming.... :think:

zaren said:
Just curious if anyone here still plays this retro board game in an age of hi-tech computer gaming.... :think:

zaren wants to hold a monopoly gathering? :D

i have been playing it ever since I was a kid and still playing it today.:thumbsup:

Love board games. Monopoly was my first ever board game...it's ruthless, love it! My favourite tokens have always been the dog and iron...

And yes, even at this day and age I still organise board games night every now and then and invite some close friends over for some good old thrashing.

Other childhood (and current) favourites include:

1. Cluedo
2. PayDay
3. Risk!
4. Mad Magazine Game
5. Trivia Pursuit
6. Pictionary
7. Scattergories
8. Scrabble
9. Boggle (Not exactly board game but loads of fun still)
10. UNO (As above)

why not ;) when bored, board games can be useful to kill times. :)

I do. in fact i play RISK as well... meet up for RISK anyone?

Anyone interested in a chess game on ICQ or MSN? ;)

Sure, I do believe there will always be ppl who play board games. Its a game which bring friends together.....not that PC games can't....but in board games, you can still chat about general stuff & all....and PC games, well, you will be too engrossed in it to care about other stuff... ;)
There's this Settlers' Cafe.....for board games....

Ha....but to me, Monopoly takes some time to finish the game, unlike Boggle or Uno....
Scrabble is another good game.....

Speaking of this monopoly game...

Once I was too enthu about the game that I totally forgotten about the steamer in the kitchen steaming some Bao... until i see smoke coming into my room... :bigeyes:

Thankfully only the pot melted and the Bao became chao ta. No fire or damage to the kitchen...phew!! :sweat:

i still play it online sometimes :D

i played it on computer and palm, does that count? btw, who played Da fu wong (taiwan game) before? pretty cute.

Well, I've collected a few sets but they're sitting idle at home cause got no one to play with. :cry: I do have a Scrabble khaki though, cause it fisnishes faster.

evildolly said:
points at wolfie. since u said it, u organize!!!!! :D :thumbsup:

*zekai start preparing for scrabble by mugging webster*

zekai said:
*zekai start preparing for scrabble by mugging webster*

Wah.. serious ah? ;)

Anyhow, this sounds like good clean fun that all of us can do with. Lemme go plan and see if we can have a proper outing, yes? :)

EvilDolly, since you arrow me to organise, you nominate you to be my 2nd in charge! :p :devil: :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.