anyone here own O2 mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulberrybay

Dec 17, 2004
Anyone here own a O2 mini?

I've been trying to download .exe files but they dun work.

Any idea why? What should the execution extension be?

Any advice?

Thanks

-MB

mulberrybay said:
Anyone here own a O2 mini?

I've been trying to download .exe files but they dun work.

Any idea why? What should the execution extension be?

Any advice?

Thanks

-MB

Might want to give more information as to what you mean by don't work. You mean download but can't start? What is the error message?

Cheers
John

It says "abc.exe is not an executable application".

But when l am deleting it, it says "abc.exe is an application. Deleting it will cause it to stop operating". Something like that.

Any idea why?

mulberrybay said:
It says "abc.exe is not an executable application".

But when l am deleting it, it says "abc.exe is an application. Deleting it will cause it to stop operating". Something like that.

Any idea why?

Did you execute from your PC and Mini? If you did it in the mini, that means the software to be installed from PC.

As for the second problem, do a soft reset and then delete it.

Cheers
John

Does the "abc.exe" run on your windows PC?
If it does, then it defintely won't work on your O2 mini or any other O2 devices for that matter, because they are both different OS platforms.

Applications for the microsoft mobile platforms (MS PocketPC, MS Smartphone etc) will not run on Windows (98, 200, XP etc), and vice versa.

You will most likely have to get a "mobile" version of the application before it can run on your O2 mini. Not all windows applications have a mobile version.

Hope that helps ;)

crisp said:
Does the "abc.exe" run on your windows PC?
If it does, then it defintely won't work on your O2 mini or any other O2 devices for that matter, because they are both different OS platforms.

Applications for the microsoft mobile platforms (MS PocketPC, MS Smartphone etc) will not run on Windows (98, 200, XP etc), and vice versa.

You will most likely have to get a "mobile" version of the application before it can run on your O2 mini. Not all windows applications have a mobile version.

Hope that helps ;)

Wah jialat leh. I want to download java and other games for my mini.

Whan extension should l look out for? I've tried downloading those that a supposedly pocket pc 2003 and smart phone useable but the exnension is .exe and they dun work.

-MB

mulberrybay said:
Wah jialat leh. I want to download java and other games for my mini.

Whan extension should l look out for? I've tried downloading those that a supposedly pocket pc 2003 and smart phone useable but the exnension is .exe and they dun work.

-MB

You can't based on exetension because there are some softwares that are .exe but ran in PPC.

Normally after downloading to your PC, you should try to install by Active sync. If the PC gives and error message, then it means it is to be used in PPC. Other type is those with .cab extension. They are files with like zip files for PC. What you need to do is to transfer to your PPC and use the file explorer to activate the installation.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
You can't based on exetension because there are some softwares that are .exe but ran in PPC.

Normally after downloading to your PC, you should try to install by Active sync. If the PC gives and error message, then it means it is to be used in PPC. Other type is those with .cab extension. They are files with like zip files for PC. What you need to do is to transfer to your PPC and use the file explorer to activate the installation.

Cheers
John

But I have been downloading via my mini internet access and save directly to my mini. So u mean save to pc first?

mulberrybay said:
But I have been downloading via my mini internet access and save directly to my mini. So u mean save to pc first?
No all programs can be run directly from Mini (Pocket PC), Most of them you need to run in your PC and when you sync, it will down load to your Mini.

You can try www.ppcsg.com there are many PPC gurus that can provide good advice.

mulberrybay said:

Yes. The best thing to do is to download to your PC. Most of the software are meant to run in the PC. Only a few but normally the programmer will state in their website. Only exception is if the software is cab. For .cab, you can download to your PPC and activate the installation from the PPC it self.

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.