Anyone here like Wagyu Beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishoot

Jul 29, 2006
East
Just had a really nice Wagyu Beef steak for $38.90 for a 200gm ribeye.

Got pics to prove it: ieatishootipost.blogspot.com

I had Wagyu beef.

In a swanky restaurant.

I will not have it again.

Just had a really nice Wagyu Beef steak for $38.90 for a 200gm ribeye.

Got pics to prove it: ieatishootipost.blogspot.com
Had it first time in Australia back in 2001. Very difficult to get in the US, but now I am in Singapore, yummy.

Wagyu is expensive, but it's worth every pennies :)

I prefer Wagyu over Kobe anytime.

Wagyu beef is heavenly, BUT looking at your credit card bills is hell!

It looks very good. However, I would like to know if the meal satisfied you, ie you felt full after that. It looks like quite a small piece of meat and it being so tender and delicious, I'd probably wolf it down in a few minutes. Ok. I greedy ;p

What else does Astons serve to make up the rest of the meal? Is there an online menu I can check?

Thanks for the post and the pics look really really good.

wagyuweb0sr.jpg

I had wagyu beef at aburiya at holland v ... YUMMM. :bsmilie:

champagneround1web7iq.jpg

and ... to top it off ... the celebratory champagne. XD

Wagyu Beef is the meat of Kobe Beef (Wagyu breed) Pedigree Cows reared in Australia or America.

As the feed and climate is different in Australia and America than it is in Japan, the beef takes on a slightly different flavour. But the same practice of dousing the cows with beer and giving them massages is still done to produce the marbling of fat in the meat.

Thanks. I took the pics with a Canon 350D with an old 28-105mm usm, while waiting for the Oracle to order in a 60mm 2.8 macro.

The Wagyu was beautiful melt in your mouth beef. There are many grades of Wagyu. I had it once in a Swanky Japanese restaurant and was dissppointed. But the one as Astons was fantastic. Now I have not been spoilt by ever having Kobe in Japan or the famed Matsuka or something like that beef. So this is the best beef I had for a while. $38.90 is a real steal that is why he is sold out today. Next batch comes in maybe in time for the weekend.

No, I did not get full after 200gm of beef steak. I usually need 400gm. So I ordered the Super burger which is 200gm chopped Sirloin Steak burger. That one really fills you up. In case you don't know, the pics are here:

http://ieatishootipost.blogspot.com/2006/09/astons-super-burger-is-on-menu.html

IMO, wagyu beef over the past few years has been greatly over-rated. with the increase in demand for the product there are farms out there who put mediocre beef on the market labelling as wagyu.

still remember the first time i tried it in november of 1999. it was quite a defining moment for me as it was really good then.

The Wagyu was beautiful melt in your mouth beef. There are many grades of Wagyu. I had it once in a Swanky Japanese restaurant and was dissppointed. But the one as Astons was fantastic. Now I have not been spoilt by ever having Kobe in Japan or the famed Matsuka or something like that beef. So this is the best beef I had for a while. $38.90 is a real steal that is why he is sold out today. Next batch comes in maybe in time for the weekend.

i believe you're talking about the matsusaka beef. yes, it is damn good. melt in your mouth goodness with a sweet delicate beef flavour. excellent marbling and good fat surrounding.

if u have the oppurtunity, yu should try the scottish angus or the french charolais. great flavour and texture there as well.

btw, $38.90 for a 200gm piece of wagyu is really cheap.

Nobody's stopping you!! Anyway, just posted pics of the chickens at Margaret drive FC. Fat enough for you? ieatishootipost.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.