Anyone here like to play with torchlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOlBy

Jan 7, 2004
Central
I want to know if there is anyone here like to play with torchlights and what brand/models do you own.

Wow that is a really old thread, thanks!

i've been exposed!! :eek:

:bsmilie:

Ok i did some searching, sORe-EyEz you are a flashaholic!

Care to share what lights you owned?

i signed up for flashaholics anonimous last year! :bsmilie:

its an international rehab programme for those who are crazy about lights! ;p

i have lights from CMG, Gerber, Fenix, Inova, Pelican, Streamlight & Surefire. why ask? u got some to give away? ;p

Last edited:

It's a sickness with no cure bro.

How? share the remedy pls.

i know where is my "stop" button. my stop button is when i have lights that cover every base i need. even if i never really need! :bsmilie:

so my needs are:
. wide flood lights (headlamps & handhelds)
. throw lights (handhelds only)
. dim task light (headlamp & handheld)
coupled with a mix of battery requirements & runtimes. cure! :lovegrin:

best cure is no $$$, no new lights. not even batteries! :bsmilie:

i have lights from CMG, Gerber, Fenix, Inova, Pelican, Streamlight & Surefire. why ask? u got some to give away? ;p

You are kidding me...you really need help!... I mountain bike and have 4 of them with me each time I ride. Two on the bike and two LED torch already I think I am in overkill! heheh...

i know where is my "stop" button. my stop button is when i have lights that cover every base i need. even if i never really need! :bsmilie:

so my needs are:
. wide flood lights (headlamps & handhelds)
. throw lights (handhelds only)
. dim task light (headlamp & handheld)
coupled with a mix of battery requirements & runtimes. cure! :lovegrin:

best cure is no $$$, no new lights. not even batteries! :bsmilie:

LOL yes the best cure is no $$$.

ok my collection:

Surefire C2, 6P
Dereelight DBS
Nitecore D10
Zebralight H30
Fenix P2D

many other china cheapo Crees.
I also do have the same thinking as you to have 1 each, flood, medium throw, long throw and simple EDC.

but ended up with bunch of light which I hardly use.

Last edited:
You are kidding me...you really need help!... I mountain bike and have 4 of them with me each time I ride. Two on the bike and two LED torch already I think I am in overkill! heheh...

2?!! u are just at the starting point of the addiction! haa... folks in USA buy in cartons! never see their "armoury" yet! there are some who are into photography as well! :cheers:

oh, welcome aboard! hehhee...

here's some poison!
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=185416
*picture intensive thread ahead...

Love my pm6 3330. the LED was not as bright as the xenon version, but still i feel its good enough. And, its quite durable.

I was told the reflector unit has a lot to do with making the torch even brighter. Hence, you pay for the research and designs.

But, alot of china brands catching up and they are quite powerful as well. Well, I would prefer to pay abit more for piece of mind if i only bring one torch.

Love my pm6 3330. the LED was not as bright as the xenon version, but still i feel its good enough. And, its quite durable.

I was told the reflector unit has a lot to do with making the torch even brighter. Hence, you pay for the research and designs.

But, alot of china brands catching up and they are quite powerful as well. Well, I would prefer to pay abit more for piece of mind if i only bring one torch.

Yes, usually those more expensive ones have better build & electronics which are very reliable. I had stopped buying those cheapo ones.

even expensive wan oso got lemons. Surefire U2 got alot of them at a point! :devil:

pay more for reliable brand, but sometimes even the 'best' crap out...

even expensive wan oso got lemons. Surefire U2 got alot of them at a point! :devil:

pay more for reliable brand, but sometimes even the 'best' crap out...

Very true, my pm6 xenon 3320 went bust after a short usage. Hence changed to LED PM6. No more bulb problem!

Very true, my pm6 xenon 3320 went bust after a short usage. Hence changed to LED PM6. No more bulb problem!

abit extra, but where did u get ur lights from (i hope not from those DIY stores)....

i have the metal version of ur lights, namely the 2320 & the 2390. does ur light use the same drop-in module? there's brighter & more energy efficient bulbs out in the stores... ;p

abit extra, but where did u get ur lights from (i hope not from those DIY stores)....

i have the metal version of ur lights, namely the 2320 & the 2390. does ur light use the same drop-in module? there's brighter & more energy efficient bulbs out in the stores... ;p

How come you so smart? I paid 99bug for it at you know where for an LED PM6.. LOL

I am only an amateur. pls forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.