Anyone heard of Landscape Architechture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr|ever

Nov 3, 2002
Visit site
As above. I'm rather interested in taking up this course but I'm clueless as to how studying the course is gonna be like. For 1 thing, it's not a very popular course in Singapore. Best if someone who have studied there tell me something about it... Here's the link for it.

http://www.cme.com.sg/linbla.html

Any comments are appreciated! I need to make a decision soon. :sweat:

Gr|ever said:
As above. I'm rather interested in taking up this course but I'm clueless as to how studying the course is gonna be like. For 1 thing, it's not a very popular course in Singapore. Best if someone who have studied there tell me something about it... Here's the link for it.

http://www.cme.com.sg/linbla.html

Any comments are appreciated! I need to make a decision soon. :sweat:

yap, this course isn't popular in Singapore.- infact, it is not offer in our local university. despite this, there are a fair number of architectural graduates from NUS turn landscapes architects.
however, in recent years, understand that there is a "private school" which offers this degree course. (not too sure which uni & where in Singapore)

This is a design base kind of course. u will learn alot abt plants & their properties, landscapes design & ofcourse constructions detailing,t he earth, & etc

landscapes architecture includes many aspects such as designing swimming pool, garden, playground, packs, etc...
eg. architect design a building, Interior architects (designer) conceptualize the interior spaces. then the landscapes architects (designer) design the surrounding of the building

In short, u must have the interest in architecture and related design area.
upon graduation, u should work in a landscapes design company or maybe some architectural firm as a landscapes designer or landscape architect!

However, one warning, this is not a simple course or career to be in . It's not as easy as painting a piece of beautiful drawings or as glamour as one might think!
It's mental veri stressful. u'll have lots of sleepless nite but if U love it then it will be for life! so u must be prepare and think carefully!

hope this general info help!

Hey jtnet, you seemed to know quite a lot. Thanx. You studying it too?

I definately have the interest. I'm more concern about the prospects. We dun have many land in S'pore to design dun we? :dunno:

I'm not into landscape , i'm into interior & architectural!. However, i work alot with landscapes pple & do have friends in this line.

through we don have big playgrounds for our experimentation, there are still many areas that need expert plannings!

eg. the surrounding landscapes around esplanade. the facilities in condo developments. the plants infront of building signages, the green under the HDB blocks of flats, ... to name a few. Ofcourse, there are those who work with NParks to make Singapore a garden city.

Personally, dont think there is a lack of position. It's a matter of how far U can sketch your creativity in this field!- this will determine how far u can go in yr career.

good luck & have fun!!!

jtnet said:
I'm not into landscape , i'm into interior & architectural!. However, i work alot with landscapes pple & do have friends in this line.

through we don have big playgrounds for our experimentation, there are still many areas that need expert plannings!

eg. the surrounding landscapes around esplanade. the facilities in condo developments. the plants infront of building signages, the green under the HDB blocks of flats, ... to name a few. Ofcourse, there are those who work with NParks to make Singapore a garden city.

Personally, dont think there is a lack of position. It's a matter of how far U can sketch your creativity in this field!- this will determine how far u can go in yr career.

good luck & have fun!!!

Gee.. thanx a lot! Your words really boost my confidence in this field! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.