anyone heard of DisplayLink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it available in Singapore?
anyone using DisplayLink?

the resolution is limited and Displaylink is same same as those OEM from China ones, just that Displaylink is "branded". There's http://www.usbgear.com/USB2_SVGA_USB_video_carD/ at Sim Lim but do note the resolution is very limited:

1280 x 1024 at 8 or 16 Bits 1280 x 768 at 8,16 or 32 Bits 1152 x 864 at 8,16 or 32 Bits 1024 x 768 at 8,16 or 32 Bits 800 x 600 at 8,16 or 32 Bits 640 x 480 at 8,16 or 32 Bits Connections:

i was looking at something that can go 1920 x 1200, USB ones do not seem to support as of yet.

the resolution is limited and Displaylink is same same as those OEM from China ones, just that Displaylink is "branded". There's http://www.usbgear.com/USB2_SVGA_USB_video_carD/ at Sim Lim but do note the resolution is very limited. i was looking at something that can go 1920 x 1200, USB ones do not seem to support as of yet.

i'm using mac. so i think by far unless i go find out at sim lim square. only displaylink supports mac.
anyway i will link my mac with a Apple Certified Refurbished 23" apple cinema display if they come out with one or else i will use the dell ultrasharp 24"
then from there. i will use one of the usb on either one of the screen to link to my old and small crt monitor.

the EVGA UV Plus+ | Model: UV16 can go up to 1600x1200
hmm.. any idea which shop is it at sim lim square? or maybe funan? i work around funan. sim lim is still a stone throw away.

I'm in particularly looking for this specific product.

100-U2-UV16-A1_MD_3.jpg

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-U2-UV16-A1&family=USB

or
SW-8769_lg.jpg

http://sewelldirect.com/USB-to-DVI-External-Video-Card-High-Resolution.asp

I might be wrong, but i think that DisplayLink is providing the chips to companies like EVGA or SEWELL

Thanks for all the help.
Please kindly reply if you have seen one of this products in Singapore.

Last edited:
Am i correct to say if I am gng to have 3 LCDs on my Notebook, I need to have 3 of these devices?

after i read thru several sites, DisplayLink don't have the product themselves. Have to get from their partners like EVGA, SEWELL, GEFEN, etc...

Hi,

I am a Mac user, and I have a USB Display-Link adaptor from Buffulo. I bought it from Japan and it support display up to 1600x1200. Currently I am using it with my MacBook Pro and PowerMac G5. So far no issues and I am using the latest OSX driver downloaded directly from Display Link website. Basically using the driver utility, you can either mirror the 2 displays or extend it. Very useful in photoshop and lightroom.

Display-Link itself does not sell the gadget, it is a technology company. But there are many vendors in the market today that OEM Display-Link technology. IO-DATA, Buffulo, etc..

So far I have no see any branded USB Display-Link adaptor been sold in Singapore. You might find some "china-made" ones but i'm not sure about the quality and the resolution it supports.

Depending on the model and type of USB Display Link adaptor, the driver utility can support up to 6 displays. The most common type is the Single USB Display Link Adaptor, basically one end is USB the other end is a DVI.

Example, if your MAC PRO has 3 spare USB port. You can buy 3 USB Single head Display Link adaptors and plug them into the Mac PRO. INstall the driver and now you will have a super extended display. The original display (connected via DVI to yr orig display) + 3 additional displays (connected via USB).

One of the usage I did was:

Orignal MacBook Pro display is my primary OSX environment, then using USB Display Link to an exterior monitor I start vmware fusion and run Windows on that display. Dual display with dual OS :p

I have a Lenovo S10 netbook which I want to connect to 2 monitors. But problem is S10 only has 1 vga port.

What is the best solution?

I have a Lenovo S10 netbook which I want to connect to 2 monitors. But problem is S10 only has 1 vga port.

What is the best solution?

Don't troll other people's threads.

Don't troll other people's threads.

I was searching on DisplayLink and I found this thread.

For your info, before I post the earlier post, I have personally emailed DisplayLink to enquire about the some technical questions which I will be able to share when they reply.

My post is related to the thread topic.

I have been online since 1999 and personally own and operate some large forums. I know what a troll is. In general, a troll is someone who post unrelated nonsense and is fundamentally in the forum to create conflict. I do not qualify for both.

My post is also like some of the earlier posts in this thread which are related questions.

A forum is for discussion and sharing. If I am not allowed to post or ask something related in a thread, then what is the forum for?

You have no right to call me a troll just like this. On the contrary, your post is the only unrelated post about DisplayLink in this thread but I will not call you a troll. I believe you were too quick to judge.

Last edited:
chill bros. forum is for sharing why be so harsh on each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.