Anyone having the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethkoo

Jan 28, 2007
Hi all.

Just wondering. I am using a FZ30 and sometime I will always encounter some weird red or bright greenish blue dots on the picture which I captured.
I believe its not my lense which is dirty cos the consecutive shots does not appear such weird dot. Such problem happens before when I was in the RSAF open house too...

P1040478-look.JPG

Is it because of the sensor? The above picture is done up at ISO200. Does other digital camera has such problems too?

Sianz...

try using photoshop to remove color noise

Is it because of the sensor? The above picture is done up at ISO200. Does other digital camera has such problems too?

Sianz...

Yup...my FZ30 has the same problem. It's the sensor. I believe it's something similar to a dead pixel on your LCD monitor.

:think: Hmm, since the speck appeared randomly rather than at the same location everytime and as such weird coloured specks, I'd hazard to guess that its a problem with the Bayer Matrix interpolation at some point for the scene (one of the few times the processor actually 'guessed' the wrong colour for a pixel). If this appears more often then it could be something more serious like a faulty CCD or processing circuit.

To TS:

Could be a faulty sensor?

I have the same problem, but its a Nikon. When i got it for repair, the engineer need to pop out of his office to explain to me that he need to change almost everything of my Nikon compact....

Maybe ask the Panasonic guys to check it out 1st?

To TS:

Could be a faulty sensor?

I have the same problem, but its a Nikon. When i got it for repair, the engineer need to pop out of his office to explain to me that he need to change almost everything of my Nikon compact....

Maybe ask the Panasonic guys to check it out 1st?

Hmmm. The problem is such dots don't always appear. If its a product defect, guess its no point confronting them. I have been shooting for around 40,000 photos with this camera. Out of those only a few appears. Guess I will have to continue to watch out before I make any conclusion. Furthermore, my warranty is due, no point going for servicing. Might as well buy a new camera.

Thanks alot...

try using photoshop to remove color noise

No no... Its not about the noise...

Maybe I did not state it properly. I have actually circled the red dot. It around in the middle of the picture... Should be able to find it..

Sorry about it...

Talking about the noise, at ISO200, the noise is very very prominent. Hopefully the next panasonic FZ series would be alot better... Heheheh...

Hmmm. The problem is such dots don't always appear. If its a product defect, guess its no point confronting them. I have been shooting for around 40,000 photos with this camera. Out of those only a few appears. Guess I will have to continue to watch out before I make any conclusion. Furthermore, my warranty is due, no point going for servicing. Might as well buy a new camera.

Thanks alot...

OK.

anyway..are u in Taipei now? The photo is taken at the signing of Rainie and Stanly's book rite?

It is sensor noise.

It appears at random and not at a fixed spot. It happens to all sensor to various degrees.

I am using an Olympus E500 and it happens to me too, esp when I use long exposure, like 1 sec and above, and it is more than a few spots, more like 50 brightly coloured spots all over the pic.

But Olympus have a solution for it. It is called Noise Reduction (NR), where the sensor guessed the noise levels and subtracts it from the picture. NR usually returns spot free pictures.

As for FZ I do not know what features you have in cam to cancel the noise. Or whether it happens only at long exposure. But from your pic above it seems unlikely. Check with their tech support for help.

The other possibility is of course your sensor going. Then it is time to change cam.

Kinda hard pressed to find any on my photos at 100%, but still I would regard this as a very small matter lar :)

OK.

anyway..are u in Taipei now? The photo is taken at the signing of Rainie and Stanly's book rite?

I came back from taipei and just happen to be at the right time.. LoL... Think its the event for Wo Ai Da Ming Xing that they say they broke the 80,000 books record. Jolin and Luo Zhi Xiang was there too.

It is sensor noise.

It appears at random and not at a fixed spot. It happens to all sensor to various degrees.

I am using an Olympus E500 and it happens to me too, esp when I use long exposure, like 1 sec and above, and it is more than a few spots, more like 50 brightly coloured spots all over the pic.

But Olympus have a solution for it. It is called Noise Reduction (NR), where the sensor guessed the noise levels and subtracts it from the picture. NR usually returns spot free pictures.

As for FZ I do not know what features you have in cam to cancel the noise. Or whether it happens only at long exposure. But from your pic above it seems unlikely. Check with their tech support for help.

The other possibility is of course your sensor going. Then it is time to change cam.

Hmmm... Digital Technology.. Yar, maybe wait for next FZ series bahz...

Status
Not open for further replies.