Anyone have experience with Benro Carbon Fibre Tripods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hey guys, I've got a question.

Are the carbon fibre tripods from Benro good products? I'm referring to the following two packages from Jack:

Package 7
Benro Carbon Fibre Tripod M057 + head BH-00 + padded tripod bag. OFFER PRICE: S$298

Package 8
Benro Carbon Fibre Tripod M058 + head BH-00 + padded tripod bag. OFFER PRICE: S$308

I only recently bought the Yong Nuo Gitai tripod from JLphoto, but realised that I left it behind because of the weight / size and regretted not getting something more compact.

I'm not someone who uses the tripod often, but I will be traveling with my school CCA to Brisbane this June. I will want to have a lighter / more compact tripod, but am not willing to spend too much. S$300 seems about fine, which is why I am asking your opinions.

My heaviest kit will consist of a pro line camera (just in case, I don't own one but plan to by the end of year) + 70-200 2.8 + flash. I don't use heavy telephoto lenses on tripods, but rather on monopods.

Would appreciate any comments! I don't want to spend too much because I know I don't use tripods often enough to justify the price of the more expensive Gitzo and Manfrotto CF's. I would also like to get my tripod locally, so Benro seems to be a good brand that I could go for.

Cheers,
Zexun

Edit: Is the BH-00 head arca-swiss compatible?

For traveller series, you may consider A-069m8 (aluminium) with BH-00 for around $300 budget. I bought A-069m8 + B-00 with $350 in cash today. 5 section legs are slimmy and not too safe to leave unattended but able to work around with attaching weight on center post hook.

Yanikonian

a tripod can never be light and compact enough. it is ur own mentality that has to change. else u will still have the same complain after upgrading to CF tripod.

I'm using Benro M-258n6 CF tripod + Benro KJ-1 Ball Head..... and trust me.... Its not light at all (M-258n6 = 1.7kg, KJ-1 = 0.55kg, total = 2.25kg :sweat:)

Yes.... CF tripod is 'lighter' than Aluminium tripod of the same height and class..... but don't be fooled by thinking it is light..... After carrying that thing whole day, you would still sweat the same :sweat:

I have a Benro C-057M8 that weighs below 1kg; 3-sections with folded length below 50cm. It's not as compact as the Travel Angel series but the overall stability is above average; good enough for travels.

However, since you have a f2.8 telephoto zoom in your plan, I would suggest you look beyond the BH-00 head. Instead, go for the B series.

The thing about Benro's that their tripods' good value but as for their ball heads, enough said.

Ideally, your Benro's just for your travels. The 2-series Gitzo's still the way to go for "domestic use" for your planned setup (pro boday + f2.8 telephoto zoom).

Hey guys, I've got a question.

Are the carbon fibre tripods from Benro good products? I'm referring to the following two packages from Jack:

I only recently bought the Yong Nuo Gitai tripod from JLphoto, but realised that I left it behind because of the weight / size and regretted not getting something more compact.

I'm not someone who uses the tripod often, but I will be traveling with my school CCA to Brisbane this June. I will want to have a lighter / more compact tripod, but am not willing to spend too much. S$300 seems about fine, which is why I am asking your opinions.

My heaviest kit will consist of a pro line camera (just in case, I don't own one but plan to by the end of year) + 70-200 2.8 + flash. I don't use heavy telephoto lenses on tripods, but rather on monopods.

Would appreciate any comments! I don't want to spend too much because I know I don't use tripods often enough to justify the price of the more expensive Gitzo and Manfrotto CF's. I would also like to get my tripod locally, so Benro seems to be a good brand that I could go for.

Cheers,
Zexun

Edit: Is the BH-00 head arca-swiss compatible?

I'm using Benro M-258n6 CF tripod + Benro KJ-1 Ball Head..... and trust me.... Its not light at all (M-258n6 = 1.7kg, KJ-1 = 0.55kg, total = 2.25kg )

Yes.... CF tripod is 'lighter' than Aluminium tripod of the same height and class..... but don't be fooled by thinking it is light..... After carrying that thing whole day, you would still sweat the same
Hi,diver-hloc,Benro M series carbon fiber tripod is not light,you should see there C-series,it is very light,now i am looking for a tripod too,and want to buy this one(link),cause it also can be used to monopod,but the brand is not heard ,so i questioned here,most member think do not buy a unknown brand ,the quality is not assured.now i am also watching Benro tripod,it is only 1.27KG,and price is not high also have 5 Years Factory Warranty,so,Headshotzx,as you say you do not often use and want a light tripod,maybe you can try the tripod that you mentioned

the yong nuo weighs 1.5kg, that's really not very heavy

trust me, if you carry tripods around all day, 1 kg versus 1.5 kg doesn't make much of a difference

if you are not a frequent user, i don't really think you should spend the money, but to each his own

Hi,diver-hloc,Benro M series carbon fiber tripod is not light,you should see there C-series,it is very light,now i am looking for a tripod too,and want to buy this one(link),cause it also can be used to monopod,but the brand is not heard ,so i questioned here,most member think do not buy a unknown brand ,the quality is not assured.now i am also watching Benro tripod,it is only 1.27KG,and price is not high also have 5 Years Factory Warranty,so,Headshotzx,as you say you do not often use and want a light tripod,maybe you can try the tripod that you mentioned

Mmm... I like the idea of a tripod that could 'remove' one leg and change into a monopod. :thumbsup: But till I could see and handle that tripod for myself.... really hard to just buy it from the website. :sweat:

Make worst that the max height is only 1.48m.... while I stand 1.76m.... backache :sweat:

Hi,

Do take a look at this tripod,although its aluminium but price wise shd not be a problem.
Here

Thanks for the replies guys. So the tripods in package 7 and 8 aren't worth it even for traveling?

Yes, I don't mind the weight at all really. Anything lighter than 2kg is alright. Been using my friend's manfrotto 190xprob 486rc2 tripod setup for quite some time already.

What I need is something compact so that I can fit it into my luggage bag, or put onto my new thinktankphoto streetwalker backpack (with 2 legs in the zippered tripog leg compartment, and have the tripod not extend beyond the height of the bag).

I'm a newb when it comes to tripods because I don't use them enough. However, for the coming trip, I know I will need something more compact if not I'll leave it behind all the time. I don't trust the Fancier brand myself, so any 4 section tripod suggestion would be good.

Edit: I have tested this YongNuo gitai product from jl photo myself: http://www.jl-photo.net/products/nomad-tripod , and I find that it's quite stable enough. I could purchase that, and purchase a ballhead somewhere else, perhaps? Or maybe 'upgrade' to a KS-0 on their site. Heard it was quite alright because it's a benro copy or something.

Cheers,
Zexun

Last edited:
overall,item which suit yourself is the best.:bsmilie:

Okay fine.

After some consideration, I can choose from the following options:

Keep and continue to use my current tripod for the trip
Purchase the Gitai 4section + ks-0 ballhead for S$245
Purchase the carbon fibre setup from benro (package 7/8)

Alternatively and if I were starve for the next few months, I could up my budget to S$400 to 500 (after selling away stuff that can return S$300). What tripod setup that's light would I be able to get locally?

Cheers,
Zexun

Bro why not just go rent a tripod if can be rented?
or borrow from fren?

Since you just use once for travel
this is my suggestion.

:)

Bro why not just go rent a tripod if can be rented?
or borrow from fren?

Since you just use once for travel
this is my suggestion.

I would benefit from a more compact tripod in everyday use as well. Am currently saving up my funds. Would very much like to get a smaller tripod by the trip, but not just for the trip :)

All my friends use the same Gitai 3sect or Manfrott 190xprob + 486RC2 which is even heavier and longer when kept.

Thanks for your suggestion though!

What light and compact tripod + head combi can I get with S$400 - 500?

benro or gitai travel tripod for you?

benro or gitai travel tripod for you?

Tried the 5 sect from JLphoto last time when I got it fro my friend who uses kit lens. When I mounted my gripped camera + 17-40L the tripod flexed. It won't stand the weight of the head + 70-200 setup I have.

Unsure about benro.

Any comments about the Manfrotto 190CX3 non pro? Cathay Photo selling it at S$298 tripod alone. I could get a knock-off of Benro KS-0 ballhead or the standard recommendation of Manfrott 486RC2 for S$100 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.