Anyone Has Experience With ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeobt

May 23, 2007
i went there for a CPL, but was introduced to a wide angle adaptor.
i was told it costs $320. finally, i got my one CPL for $80.
the salesman than encourage me to get the adaptor together for
$250. he even show me record of invoices he sold the adaptors
for $500. :think:

so does anyone knows worldwide photo at peninsular plaza?
are their prices reliable?

the CPL i bought yesterday.

DSC_8102.jpg

Next time, ask at Clubsnap's Consumers Corner first before buying. Don't do the reverse. Since you already bought it, just use it.

That shop is known for ripping off customers. So buyer beware.

You're going to hear this sooner or later:

1) Don't care, you already bought it, just enjoy using it.

2) ALWAYS do your research first, then buy.

3) It could have been a LOT worse! :bsmilie:

...sold the adaptors
for $500. :think:
the CPL i bought yesterday.

do a survey before you buy next time, and go for reputable stores only.
that filter probably cost only $15

67mm, not even a 77mm B+W or Nikon... i guess its for point & shoot or prosumer camera... what kinda adaptor that need to cost more than a camera?

do a survey before you buy next time, and go for reputable stores only.
that filter probably cost only $15

WHAT!!! $15??!!! you sure?
can i go back n throw the farking CPL at that salesman's face? ;(

No. He offered a price and you accepted it.

I know that doesn't make it any better, but look at it this way, you didn't do your homework.

<$100 is a CHEAP PRICE to pay for a hard lesson. You could have gotten sliced for that adapter! Many people have lost THOUSANDS to learn the same lesson as you just did.

I would say that's a GREAT DEAL you got! :bsmilie:

WHAT!!! $15??!!! you sure?
can i go back n throw the farking CPL at that salesman's face? ;(
Willing buyer, willing seller my friend. You can scream at the guy's face all you want and he will most probably ignore you. Don't forget to bring a friend along in case something bad happen.

I would stay "world-wide" from that shop.

so does anyone knows worldwide photo at peninsular plaza?
are their prices reliable?

Did you try a search for worldwide photo? It's one rip-off story after another.

Pls do not break people livelihood. He is a father to some kid and a son to a mother

You referring to the TS or the shop-owner?

check the prices around ALL POSSIBLE SHOPS first before you even commit to any deal.

if unsure, come back check at clubsnap. then go back buy. the filters WILL NOT run away if you dun buy them on the spot.

dun buy already, then come here to condemn the shop for being a ripoff, when it was YOU in the first place who wanted to present yourself as a ripoff.

take it as a learning lesson. i had my fair share of it (fortunately on cheaper stuff, but its enuff) , and thats how we all learn.

learn to blame no one, but yourself. thats what is lacking in almost ALL singaporeans that i have met so far.

Pls do not break people livelihood. He is a father to some kid and a son to a mother

So if my livelihood is to steal and rob, you should not stop me? Really flawed logic.

You're going to hear this sooner or later:

1) Don't care, you already bought it, just enjoy using it.
Ang Moh saying: Don't cry over spilled milk...

2) ALWAYS do your research first, then buy.
Wise Merchant said: always do your home work first.

3) It could have been a LOT worse! :bsmilie:
Me say: just search "worldwide photo" in CS, you will know you are consider very lucky liao.

Last edited:
Professional conman? Some mindset you have... So we should not catch those Nigerian scammers or "kidnap" conmen because it's their livelihood too?

My point exactly, while we can all say that buyers should beware, it makes no sense to side with people out to con. The buyer himself have a family to support too.

i fully agree that i should be the one to be blamed for my own mistake. no doubt for
it since i got a PC to check everything i wanted to. :embrass:
but what about those ignorance buyers that have no access to net? are they also deserved
to be cheated? i think cheating is really a bad practise...:cry:

well, my intention for this posting was to share my bad experience n at the same time
hopefully all the buyers can avoid the shop n thus it would close down sooner. nothing else. ;)

anyway, gong xi fa cai

DSC_7823.jpg

but what about those ignorance buyers that have no access to net? are they also deserved
to be cheated? i think cheating is really a bad practise...:cry:

bro, thats why my first previous advice started with:
check the prices around ALL POSSIBLE SHOPS first before you even commit to any deal.

do the footwork, and save some money. that money can be used to eat macdonalds (sometimes a LOT of macdonalds) and its my happy food.. do the footwork... do the footwork. and when you get hungry from all the footwork, go eat macdonalds and be happy!

gong xi gong xi!

Status
Not open for further replies.