Anyone has experience with Achiever flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I'm thinking of getting the 630AF which has a guide number of 99. I was quoted $97 it. Anyone used it before? I wanted to play around with a bounce flash and have a faster flash recharging speed (compared to my camera's). Currently, I'm using the Achiever 115A/S which doesn't have a bounce head. Do you have any others to recommend? I;m wary of getting some brands because of possibly very high trigger voltage.

http://www.achiever-hk.com/flash/auto.html

630AF
Advanced autofocus dedicated flashgun giving fully programmed flash photography with AF cameras. Simple to use with easy to read information panel. Zoom, bounce and swivel head to cover lenses 28-85mm, a built in AF illuminator allows autofocus even in total darkness. Wide angle diffuser and coloured filter set included. Range up to 21m / 70ft.
G/N: 30m / 99ft at ISO 100

I have the smaller AF Achiever with bounce head as a 2nd flash. It works fine with my F70 and CP995. The 630 is even better because it swivels AND bounces.

But note u get what u pay for and the GN may be for maximum zoom.

The new sigma flash EF-500 (both versions) have wireless TTL capability with Canon but not with Nikon (whine) so if you have a Canon, maybe consider sigma.

Originally posted by mpenza
just wondering, does yours offer any manual adjustment of the flash intensity?

nope. its full ttl so you have to use flash exposure compensation on the camera. As part of a 2-light setup, its weaker than an SB-26 by 1/2 i guess so I have a built in 2:1 lighting ratio :)

Originally posted by mpenza
I'm thinking of getting the 630AF which has a guide number of 99. I was quoted $97 it. Anyone used it before? I wanted to play around with a bounce flash and

which shop did you go to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.