Anyone had this problem also..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poledra

Sep 7, 2002
Near the Clouds
Visit site
My mum was watching (or rather, sleeping in front of) the news on Channel U when the picture just went off and the reporter was still talking... I think it's still happening. Happened around 10.30pm.

Did this happen to any of you guys?

(watching news and surfing CS at the same time) :D

Wow.. I must be color blind, mine is totally black with nothing on except a humming sound.

Okay.. At least I know my 10+ years TV isn't conking out on me... :)

espn... Yours has a humming sound? Hmmm.... :think: And where are those pictures, huh? :angry:

Q: What do you think happened at the Channel U studio?

someone tripped over some wires... happens all the time ;p

Poledra said:
My mum was watching (or rather, sleeping in front of) the news on Channel U when the picture just went off and the reporter was still talking... I think it's still happening. Happened around 10.30pm.

Did this happen to any of you guys?

(watching news and surfing CS at the same time) :D

Does your TV has a sleep mode?

Meaning if it senses you not looking at it, after a few minutes it powers down to save energy?

Sion said:
Does your TV has a sleep mode?

Meaning if it senses you not looking at it, after a few minutes it powers down to save energy?

wah seriously? :bigeyes: have no idea tv technology is so high tech.. how does it do that?

the cameraman forgot to remove the len cover... :D

justarius said:
wah seriously? :bigeyes: have no idea tv technology is so high tech.. how does it do that?

With sensor cells on the screen monitoring the pupils of your eyes.

It's a energy saving feature invented during the war because of preceived impending world shortage of energy.

wah... how does the tv know where is the pupil of the eye? how does it recognise what is the pupil? how big is the area of coverage of the sensor?

I find it quite amazing.. any links to adverts which have this type of tv?

justarius said:
wah... how does the tv know where is the pupil of the eye? how does it recognise what is the pupil? how big is the area of coverage of the sensor?

I find it quite amazing.. any links to adverts which have this type of tv?

Yes. I think it's www.sleepTV.com.sg or visit Takashimaya's home entertainment department and ask the people there about Sleep TV.

Maybe you can post us your feedbacks about this product?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.