Anyone had photography club as CCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My school's Photo club is hardly active. Not many meetings, lessons and shoots too. :(

I've covered school performances for the Club before though....

Quite pathetic la... I wish I can have a more pro photography club.... :(

redstone said:
My school's Photo club is hardly active. Not many meetings, lessons and shoots too. :(

I've covered school performances for the Club before....

Quite pathetic la... I wish I can have a more pro photography club.... :(

thats the norm isnt it. the P club was ideal for slack students, that explains the less than enthusiastic reponse at times

CCA? Sim mi lai eh? Can eat or not?

Seems that different ppl different lives.

I'm not so fortunate as all of u though. :bsmilie: Never had any serious contacts with PnS & SLRs until I started work at the age of 21. My first serious contact with Digital PnS only came 4yrs ago & DSLRs 3yrs ago.

Was in AJC photog club for 3 months. then go RJ never join anymore. No need to join lar can teach myself photography haha

blimmer said:
thats the norm isnt it. the P club was ideal for slack students, that explains the less than enthusiastic reponse at times
Agree.They can achieve almost next to nothing because they have no passion for it.

well...perhaps u should look at the clubs as a forum for interaction instead?

+evenstar said:
last time u all is "EXTRA Curricular Activities"...now it's "CORE Curricular Acitivities"...

for the record....isnt it CO-CURRICULAR Activities?
Me in my jc's PS...but not very established...no darkroom etc..

i jus graduated from my jc last year... and was from my school's PS... despite what some may say, jc ps is not exactly for slack students.. i mean, while there's always e slackers who hang around doing nothing or dun even show up for anything remotely resembling work.... there are also students who are the enthu ones, going all out to improve their skills and that of the other students who are interested in photography... though i must admit the numbers of these students are decreasing lately....

the enthu ones account for 5-10%? assuming a club size of 20, that'll mean 1-2. and that 1-2 happens to be the president and vice-president?

for the record, when i was in sec sch (many moons ago), the photography club had more than 30 members but the total attendance for each week is 3: the club president, the teacher and me. one reason for the low attendance could be due to the teacher in charge not enforcing the 80% attendance in order to qualify for eca points. besides i dont even go for every session since we end up talking about the same old topics so the avg attendance would be 2.

I think that 10% active rule seems to be correct. NUSPS should have like few hundered members but only a handful are more active :D

Mine is ECA too.... oooo.. a long time ago.. :bsmilie:

people in my school's photography club looks funny? =x

Status
Not open for further replies.