Anyone got S-IS1 blinking fixed on EPL6?

okkhoy

Sep 7, 2014
Singapore
I have an EPL6. This camera was not used for quite a few months and was sitting in the dry-box.

Recently when I took it out for a shoot, I noticed that the S-IS1 icon keeps blinking on the screen.
From my brief search on the internet, it seems that the image stabilization may be at fault.

If there is any relevance, I have the 14-42 II kit lens and the 40-150 f/4-5.6 R lens and the problem persists when using both lenses.

Any ideas for fix? Has anyone else faced this problem and got this fixed? If so how much did you spend on the repair?

- Okkhoy

Only way is to send it to service center. My E-P1 had the same issue but it was so old, I didn't bother

The only mentioned same issue in DP forum said Olympus told him it was expensive to repair so he did not do it.Seems you have a run of bad luck with your em5 too.

You can try cleaning the electrical contacts on the body as last recourse since it was fine the last time before storage.

@spidey89 @one eye jack thanks for your responses.
I am not sure if I will go to the service center.

@one eye jack yea! my luck. However, I found a workaround for the EM5; I need to switch on the camera every few days and things seem OK!

@one eye jack yea! my luck. However, I found a workaround for the EM5; I need to switch on the camera every few days and things seem OK!

Blinking icon ( IS) image stabaliser means fault but if you still get shakefree pics then ignore it. I have epl6 with blinking IS icon and blank lcd screen when autofocus lens attached but when you release the lens catch and put it near lens mount picture appears which mean image sensor is working but it works normally with manual lens but IS still blinking so I can only use camera with manual lens..better than nothing.

@one eye jack I can click shake-free pics hand-held (gotten used to Canon XXXD and XXD + 70-200 hand-held). So probably I will let the blink be as it is :) Thanks for the additional info!