Anyone got problem uploading photos to Flickr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

km1980

Deregistered
Sep 30, 2007
Jurong
I've been encountering problems when uploading photos to Flickr.com since last night. It takes forever to upload a photo, or it'll fail to upload. I reboot my pc but it's still the same. Tried uploading photos again this morning but I still have the same problem. I even try resizing my photos but it still failed to upload!

Just checking, do u guys have the same problem? Or is it just me? If it's me, I'll have to check my connection. But I got no problem uploading photos to photobucket.com so I dun think it's my connection problem leh...

been having this problem for the past 3 days....

sometimes me too, but u tried using the basic upload yet? upload something 800x500. but since u said resize also no use already. i just did ytd night it works fine

I was also having problems with the uploading of photos two days ago to Flickr and it has nothing to do with the flash player.

HTH.

i encountered difficulties as well.

downloaded the flickr uploader software and still encountered difficulties.

good God, its irritating.

Nope... no problems for me. (I use the software uploader all the time by the way).

But, I'm currently overseas. So... Maybe it's a Singapore connection problem? Although I don't quite see how this should be the case, since my ISP here is on a Singtel backbone.

Maybe flickr is censoring sg

I did encounter some problems the day before. I'm on singnet, and after a reset of my internet modem/router, everything was back to normal

i reset my router/modem, and still have the same problem.

One more thing, I can't upload photos to facebook as well. I get a "connection interrupted" error. Can't help but wonder if they are both connected?

What ISPs are you guys using?

I'm using Singtel broadband and just found out today (with the kind help of my online album support staff) that there's some kind of serious error in the transmissions or something (too tech for me to understand). Here's what the tech guy said,

"Hmm, the trace route shows a significant peak right in the beginning at hop 4. This could be a problem with your ISP and definitely isn't normal. 136ms means that it took 15 times of the time that it took to reach the next hop (passing through hop4 again), which is at 8ms."

I'm supposed to run more tests and report back so that they can advise and also contact Singtel to reprt the errors.

Also some folks can't e-mail pix attachments (so far experienced this with gmail, several people experienced).

pb, I did the tracert test, as well as speed test and some kind of ping I dunno wat. Now running a line quality test (taking ages when it should have been completed in 15-20 mins).

no problem, but i'm not in singapore

might be your isp problem?

Most probably is the problem with Singnet? I read the help files in flickr, I'm using wireless and I tried using plug-in, sometime I still got the same problem.

Basic Uploader is still the best way to upload it fast. But sometime still error leh. :dunno:

I am still having this problem..... Basic up loader also does not work.

Wonder if it is a Singnet problem, my friend on Pacnet is not having problems.

I didn't have problem yesterday :)

According to the techies at my album site, after running I don't know how many tests, they pretty much confirmed that there's a problem and that only the service provider could make the necessary technical adjustments because it had to do with the ISP servers or something like that. They explained it to me but it's just a jumble of numbers (to me la).

Now I have to send those numbers to Singnet and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.