Anyone got movers to recommend?

i-poh

May 29, 2010
I shifting house, Anyone got movers to recommend?
Must be cheap and valuable for money. :)

there are others, but here's one...you'll be helping them too! :)

I engaged several movers before and found one of them pretty valued for money. I will send you his contact by pm and all you need to do is just to fix an appointment with him, tell him from where to where you are moving, and a rough estimate of the volumn involved.

Hi,

You may want to try Excellent movers. Their price is reasonable and most importantly their guys are effecient and reliable =)

Do a google search on SGbros, they move fish tanks mainly but also do house moving, very professional.

market rate should be about $500 one lorry.... 10-14 feet lorry.

Never get these movers:

1. J Team Movers (John the contact person)

2. Yong Shen Mover

Just finished my move yesterday.

Contacted J Team Movers, one month ago and booked them to moved on 29 Jun On 29 Jun Tues they did not turn up and after repeated calls the guy started to give excuses that his men did not turn up for work etc etc. WTF this type of thing also can happen? Offered to get me their associate to do the moving on Thurs instead (1 Jul) . I had no choice as the other movers I contacted on Yellow Pages were all engaged for this week. As I had to hand over my keys by this Fri. ie today, I have to settle for their associate mover Yong Shen.

Yong Shen guys turn up, did the move, but by the third truck they tried to pull a fast one. They wanted to just leave the bed on my living hall on the ground floor, giving the reason that their hands are dirty and it will dirty my bed if they remove the covering and carry it upstair to the bed room - lame excuse. I did not accept the reason and finally they carry the bed up and was grumbling that the bed is heavy. I also paid them $150 to dispose my old piano and display cabinet at the disposal dump, instead the mover just brought the cabinet and dispose it at the ground floor of my old condo, today the management call me and wanted to forfeit my deposit (moving house permit).

Take note never engage these 2 movers.

Terrible experience.

Last edited:
Whatever you use, better not use a company name J-Team Mover. Got a friend that engaged their service. On the process of moving, their lorry caught fire and all my friend's the stuff were burnt. Now suing them for damage as they refuse to pay a single cents as they claim that they DON'T have any insurance coverage.

They wanted to just leave the bed on my living hall on the ground floor, giving the reason that their hands are dirty and it will dirty my bed if they remove the covering and carry it upstair to the bed room - lame excuse.

Hmm, the last house mover that I engaged actually stretch wrapped every piece of items including the bed. :think:

I used SGBros recently. Very professional and efficient.
They cloth wrapped everything fragile (fridge, TV etc) and shrink wrapped boxes to their rolling palettes.
Would definitely recommend them.

His Easimovers at 67771341... however, they don't work on Sunday.

It is run by a church.

Their rate? very reasonable and also reliable!

Never get these movers:

2. Yong Shen Mover

Just finished my move yesterday.

Contacted J Team Movers, one month ago and booked them to moved on 29 Jun On 29 Jun Tues they did not turn up and after repeated calls the guy started to give excuses that his men did not turn up for work etc etc. WTF this type of thing also can happen? Offered to get me their associate to do the moving on Thurs instead (1 Jul) . I had no choice as the other movers I contacted on Yellow Pages were all engaged for this week. As I had to hand over my keys by this Fri. ie today, I have to settle for their associate mover Yong Shen.

Yong Shen guys turn up, did the move, but by the third truck they tried to pull a fast one. They wanted to just leave the bed on my living hall on the ground floor, giving the reason that their hands are dirty and it will dirty my bed if they remove the covering and carry it upstair to the bed room - lame excuse. I did not accept the reason and finally they carry the bed up and was grumbling that the bed is heavy. I also paid them $150 to dispose my old piano and display cabinet at the disposal dump, instead the mover just brought the cabinet and dispose it at the ground floor of my old condo, today the management call me and wanted to forfeit my deposit (moving house permit).

Take note never engage these 2 movers.

Terrible experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It will be nice to see some photos of the mover moving your items. Esp with their uniform.. :bsmilie:

It's good to start a thread like this so that people will be aware who we should avoid!

Never get these movers:

Whatever you use, better not use a company name J-Team Mover.
J Team? These guys helped move your house? :think:

jacke.jpg

marklee.jpg
johncheng.th.jpg

John Cheng -->​

Last edited:
I am moving my house soon too.
Will require movers too

I wish I have read this forum earlier. I used yong shen mover and got very very bad and terrible experience.
1. Last minute change, they delay the arrival time. Late for almost 1 hour from the requested timing.
2. The operator didn't record the list of stuff properly, then when mover come, they keep complaining the stuff so much compared to what written to them. They never confirm back with me about the list of item.
3. Requote new price on the spot. Much higher than any other mover I contacted before but I have no choice already for us since they already there.
4. Lorry not enough and ask me as client to take cab, carry my own stuff, for the remaining.
5. The worst. Damage lots of expensive stuff. And when I contact back the company, they are not helpful at all. Company push the blame to the mover. And mover also don't want to take any responsibility.

Don't ever use them. Sloppy work and not professional at all.

For commercial usage, can try Asian Tigers Mobility (ATM), DB Schenker, Santa Fe etc. etc for international / interregional relocation management though IIRC they also provide domestic packing and moving services as well but don't expect "cheap, fast and value for money" to go hand in hand with quality.