Anyone got his camera at COMEX 09 and purc the extended warranty but have effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulla

Sep 22, 2009
Singapore
Anyone got his camera at COMEX 09 and purchase extened warranty but haven take effect yet!!!;( HELP needed...

typically the extended warranty provided is not by manufacturer but by the retailer.

i have always overheard more than once at canon service centre, customers who argue with the customer service rep that they have 3 years warranty, and the reps are trying to get the customers to understand its the reseller who gives this extra warranty. can be quite ugly sometimes.

i have no knowledge how the retailers honour this extra warranty.

!!!!!! your mean the extended warranty i got from comex if by retailer?

After the default warranty, then you will need to go to the retailer for future warranty claims, but it's limited to product failure or big things, not little stuff like camera cleaning.

!!!!!! your mean the extended warranty i got from comex if by retailer?

Yes, read the terms and conditions on your extended warranty claim form.

The extended warranty offered by retailers are actually insurance claim program, meaning they will decide whether to settle bill for a repair. Take HN for example, after the manufacturer's warranty period, owner will need to call the company (normal a separate number) and inform them you are going to send for repair.

HN will tend call up the centre or advise u what to do next.

Depending on what brand is involved ...

Some manufacturers/centers like Canon SG does offer a Canon Extended Warranty program (http://www.canon.com.sg/section/customercare/warrantyplus_T&C.jsp).

However, if an extended warranty is purchased from a retailer, say HN or whoever, then your contact point and decision maker is the company which you purchased the extended warranty from.

If Canon, most of the time i recommend users go to samuel`s shop at Funan (John 3:16). a bit more pricey but if totally noob on camera and on the warranty then thats the best place in my opinion.

Thank for the Information guys, i just receive the hardcopy sent by canon itsself for the extended warranty toady.... but its not reflected in the website tho.... ^.^ but at least i have the hardcopy now and my 200 bucks is not wasted......btw i am a canon user...:)

Thank for the Information guys, i just receive the hardcopy sent by canon itsself for the extended warranty toady.... but its not reflected in the website tho.... ^.^ but at least i have the hardcopy now and my 200 bucks is not wasted......btw i am a canon user...:)

as long as everything works out its fine :) actually next time you're not sure, u can just give canon customer service a call. they may have the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.