Anyone got "conned" by a Vitacon?

KevCKP

Sep 26, 2009
Hi has anyone had a bad experience with Vitacon wide angle converters? I know there is a sticky on some but i dun see a discussion on the Vitacon ones.. seems like image is not really that good..also i felt that the vitacon UV filters have a QC prob as well..such as a spot near the circumference not coated, etc...

er, you are not the only one..........

in fact, most wide angle converters are horrible.

yeah i guess reputable wide angle lenses are the way to go huh..

I learned it the hard way. Hope you didn't make much loss buddy.

no... u should actually skip them unless your camera have a fixed mounted lens like a prosumer or pns. else it'll be better to just get a wider lens.

yes, that one is boh pian.

someone showed me something that he claimed worked well once.....

but the price, could almost buy a cheap uwa lens second hand.

talking about vitacon, ot abit... how is the uv filter of vitacon compare with hoya's? i am talking about the basic 1, not those multicoated hoya...

because a friend of mine, went to this "reputable shop", sales person actually sold him a vitacon uv filter 58mm for 24, saying it's better than hoya's and cheaper too... meaning hoya sells for $26?

i remembered the last time i bought my 58mm hoya uv was only $10?? did he kena ripped or what?

hoya uv, got many types leh.....

suffice to say, vitacon should be lousier in quality compared to hoya, from what i've seen.

hoya the basic de... UV Guard or 1B Skylight... i got mine for $10?? same thing cost $26 now???

i won't know, you can call the shops tomorrow to check if that's still the same price.

hoya still got multicoated, slim, etc......

Skylight filters, whatever the brand and coating bla bla, are THE worst filters to get for use in Singapore. Unlike you like pink hues in all your images and degrading the IQ then I don't know what to say...

Instead of slapping on ANY filter at all, why not do without one?

Hi TS

We will very much appreciate if u can upload 1 photo taken with this Vitacon to this thread :

Re: Using Wide Angle / Tele Converter on your camera
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477934&page=4

If u have problem doing it, u can send me a photo in its original form (ie no pp done) & I will do it.

Like u say,

"I know there is a sticky on some but i dun see a discussion on the Vitacon ones"

I cant possibly do all the wide con in the market, please help to contribute to CS to help each others.

Thanks.

All you have to do is do a search on here for "vitacon" to see many discussions...

Hi has anyone had a bad experience with Vitacon wide angle converters? I know there is a sticky on some but i dun see a discussion on the Vitacon ones.. seems like image is not really that good..also i felt that the vitacon UV filters have a QC prob as well..such as a spot near the circumference not coated, etc...

The name speaks for itself vitaCON...