Anyone got called up for SingTel MioTV trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
I got the call. As with most telemarketers, they usuallyspeakveryfastandsometimesarenotveryclearinwhattheyaresaying.

Heard something like: "Free trial...no need to pay for 6 months...can watch all the channels...even premium channels...."

Basically, I gathered that it's a free trial, they install the box in your house, you can watch all the channels available on MioTV, and if you don't like it, within 6 months you can drop it off at any SingTel shop, nothing to pay. If late, there will be some penalties.

OK, so I agreed.

Here's the timline of what happened this morning:

9.30am. Installer arrives.
9.50am. Installer leaves.
9.51am. Surf channels.
10.00am Disconnect MioTV box and dump everything into plastic bag.
10.18am. Write to ClubSnap about this.

:devil:

What I discovered: Can only watch free-to-air TV, other chanels must pay. DVR recording is disabled (no HDD in box), but this one no big deal to me lah. I guess it's not so much the matter of having to pay for the other premium channels. It's just that browsing through the list, none of the programmes on offer excite me at all, leh. So thanks to this free trial, SingTel has helped me confirm that I won't be wanting to subscribe to that any time soon! Haha!

But seriously folks, it's also a bit sad lah. This is not in competition with Starhub; It's merely an alternative, and IMHO, not a really great one at that. Which means prices for cable TV packages aren't likely come down soon. :(

mioTV is like that mah.

you're supposed to pay for content, download and watch them within a specified timeframe.

so their "free" trial is basically waiving off the monthly rental charge of about $14 i last heard. you still have to pay for the content.

anyway, mioTV is more for older people la. got those HK shows, and all. LOL

Actually, if you did a little Google surfing regarding the box that you are supplied with, you'd find that there's quite a bit more that can be done that SingTel lets on... :devil:

_

Yup, the guy came bout a week ago saying "we are very lucky to be selected for miotv trial"...so i checked through what he has, apparently...all the channels are the same, plus one additional HDtv channel which is currently on trial. Nothing else. The mentioned are all free, any other additional channels you got to pay. I was looking out for History Channel, they don't have it on the pamphlet. Channels listed don't seem interesting to me either.

Not very attractive "trial" by them i may say so, furthermore if i take on the trial, and not continue on, i have to return the set myself to the nearest Hello shop.

My decision might as well don't want it...so troublesome, don't want have to return the set, and the whole trial thing was letting me watch whatever i was getting right now. So...zzz. haaaa

TRY HARDER. :devil:

I sign-up for mioTV for 3 months already, so far I like the the HD channel 5, especially when the show on trueHD. I also buy some channel like pictureBox.
Remember to terminate ur channel if u only plan to watch for 1 month, otherwise the subscription will carry forward.

I got visited by 2 mei meis at my house. After a long persuasion, I decided to try out. After fixing the box on the appointed day, My MIO TV was working fine but somehow I could not log in to my internetconnection on both my Macbook and my kids laptops. The installer somehow screwed up. It took them another day to fix my problem. After trying outy MIO for a few days, heck.. except for the HDtv for channel 5, the rest are junks. Will be returning the setupbox next week. 2 days ago, the service tech called me again to check the status of my modem. I can say, the service is good but the contents is :thumbsd:. I go rent DVD better.

Actually, if you did a little Google surfing regarding the box that you are supplied with, you'd find that there's quite a bit more that can be done that SingTel lets on... :devil:

_

I'm going to assume that the MioTV box is supposed to house some sort of HDD in it? The trial box has got next to nothing in it. 90% empty space inside.

In fact there is no need to subscripe or paid to have all these channels....
there are websites provides free movies/drama series and watch online (cannot download)....
just do a simple search in google....

there are websites provides free movies/drama series and watch online (cannot download)....

true, but if u can't get HD quality with that :)

Be careful if you have young/teens at home. Some of them are X rated!

My MioTV box is just sitting there idle. Frankly I am not feeling too hot about it anymore.

Darned Singnet not only didn't manage to activate my new 10Mbps line on time, but in the process DEactivated my old 3Mbps line that was running nearly flawlessly for the past two years up till the day of the line upgrade/recontract. Error: "Could not find ATM circuit". Still awaiting resolution after 1 'linesman'/mioTV installer guy visit, 2 supposed server resets, and 3 helpdesk calls. ;( :thumbsd:

There is a free movie - every month and you can watch it for 24 hours over and over again. I remembered that I had one of the BBC channels for free too - that could change.

I had mine fixed 2 weeks ago. Spent 3 hrs going thru the new Motorola decoder and it is still there - without electrical power. What I did get is a free wireless modem.

However, when I tried to used a wired connection via LAN, I failed to surf. Now getting another service call this Sat - aiyah, why can't they get it right the first time.

Helpdesk cost money. It is a 1900 line. 30cents per min. I think I chatted with them for over 10 mins...Sigh...they win lor.

My MioTV box is just sitting there idle. Frankly I am not feeling too hot about it anymore.

Darned Singnet not only didn't manage to activate my new 10Mbps line on time, but in the process DEactivated my old 3Mbps line that was running nearly flawlessly for the past two years up till the day of the line upgrade/recontract. Error: "Could not find ATM circuit". Still awaiting resolution after 1 'linesman'/mioTV installer guy visit, 2 supposed server resets, and 3 helpdesk calls. ;( :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.