Anyone going thailand these few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
wondering if it is safe to go there now?

are the shops in BKK open?

you sure you want to go? :think: maybe you should.. then can report back how's things over there.

The last I went to BKK was also during one of the 'messy' times with riots and all.. but didn't see any when I wa there..:(

Paul_Yeo said:
wondering if it is safe to go there now?

are the shops in BKK open?

think they won't go shoot civilians out of a sudden...

but i guess this would impact their currency and business, if not handled properly, i guess would be like indonesia...

probably the king would be making an appearance soon.

dunno if the airport or skytrain will be packed with tourists leaving BKK?

or chaotic in streets?

tanks moving around?

protestors ?

Paul_Yeo said:

or chaotic in streets?

tanks moving around?

protestors ?

dun wonder... go buy a ticket & go, maybe value air or tiger air having offer... give u money to go... :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
dun wonder... go buy a ticket & go, maybe value air or tiger air having offer... give u money to go... :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

if i come back alive, should i post in Travel section or Reportage section? :embrass:

Paul_Yeo said:
if i come back alive, should i post in Travel section or Reportage section? :embrass:
You can decide after you come back alive. :sweatsm:

Shops got huge discounts or not?
If not, then no pt going lah.
Nothing much will happen 1.

As indicated in the report... anyone found selling higher price due to this coup, they'd be jailed. Also any group of 5ppl or more is considered as illegal gathering and can be jailed 6mth, maybe without trial. :(

Seems like it is quite serious this round as the country is now in full military rule and control. And they've declared a national public holiday today. Most likely for such situations, tourist would be advised to stay put in the hotel for safetly reasons.

There are some csers in bkk now... eg zeckson chow, parkerR, etc... maybe they can come in to comment on the situation there. Or anyone wanna volunteer to PM them?

My advise, better dun go unless got more information on the situation there. :(

Be heading there for a trip next week.

Except for increased military presence on the streets, I'm not expecting any trouble since this is NOT the first time Thailand is having a coup de tat.

Ola said:
You can decide after you come back alive. :sweatsm:
Is Bangkok in a state of war with bombs exploding everywhere, artillery shells raining and soldiers firing at enemy soldiers?

Wat's up with the dumb "coming back alive" thing anyway? :dunno:

jsbn said:
Be heading there for a trip next week.

Except for increased military presence on the streets, I'm not expecting any trouble since this is NOT the first time Thailand is having a coup de tat.

I will heading there next week too. I heard from colleague might need to stay in hotel @ night.. "cannot go out" ?? :think:

:cry:

Paul_Yeo said:

or chaotic in streets?

tanks moving around?

protestors ?
Zzzz....

Yes, its hell chaotic. People are fleeing the streets, rape, pillage, looting is rampant. The military is going all trigger happy, killing and bayoneting anyone not responding to their orders. :rolleyes:

XXXcat said:
I will heading there next week too. I heard from colleague might need to stay in hotel @ night.. "cannot go out" ?? :think:

:cry:
Curfew orders?

Well, the SMS that ran rampant before the coup de tat starts, "War on the streets. Go home now." or something like this.

So far, nothing much on curfew orders. If one's truly worried going there, there's always the option of cancelling the trip, postponing OR registering urself with Singapore MFA before flying there.

jsbn said:
Zzzz....

Yes, its hell chaotic. People are fleeing the streets, rape, pillage, looting is rampant. The military is going all trigger happy, killing and bayoneting anyone not responding to their orders. :rolleyes:

wah... sound like fun man... :think:

jsbn said:
Curfew orders?

Well, the SMS that ran rampant before the coup de tat starts, "War on the streets. Go home now." or something like this.

So far, nothing much on curfew orders. If one's truly worried going there, there's always the option of cancelling the trip, postponing OR registering urself with Singapore MFA before flying there.

from mom's business partner there hor, everything seem fine lah, its just their military against their political leader... seriously lor, if they harm the civilians, then they will have even harder chances to regain control of the entire country... it might just be over in few days time...

just wondering will this happen in taiwan as well, since thailand makes such a nice example...

jsbn said:
Curfew orders?

Just worry cannot go night shopping... :bsmilie:

XXXcat said:
Just worry cannot go night shopping... :bsmilie:

think u can forget about shopping liao... 7pm must go back hotel, all shop will close... then best of all... no tv programs to watch (heard only 2 tv station working)... maybe can watch adult movies in hotel... :bsmilie:

What I know off currently is that things are not as bad as what a coup will usually result in bloodshed. However, this one is getting on fine without any disaster nor casualty.

Spoke to my Thai business friend there and he said that he is shock initially but most of all very happy to see the situation of a bloodless coup. Now that the pro ex-government key personnels are either detained or has already fled the country or gone into hiding and he find it more peaceful than a couple weeks ago. Where a potential pro and anti government group clash will be even bloodier.

My bro-in-law is there yesterday and was stuck in the traffic last night after dinner in town due to the tanks movement, now can even go for golf session today. Already inform the embassy about his whereabout and if it is really that bad or serious he should be rushing home on the next flight instead of staying put in Bangkok.

Spoke to my thai friend an hour ago and commented that it is just like another ordinary saturday or sunday with less people and traffic moving around in the morning. People even took photographs of soldiers and the tanks and even gave flowers to the soldiers.
Thais are taking it easy because coup leaders came out to declare their motive is to unite the divisiveness for the benefit of people and HM King.

However if one still need to be there, just be more careful and stay alert to any sudden changes or movements. Constantly be updated with news report and any sudden swing of movements.

More news report from this link.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.