Anyone getting rid of their 11-22??

Status
Not open for further replies.

major_tom

Dec 3, 2005
hands starting to itch but gotta be careful with $$$....looking for 2nd hand one..

So, if you are funding $$$ to buy a 35-100 or a 50-200m and u wanna get rid of yr 11-22,
who u gonna call? ;)

_1190012.jpg

U mean the 11-22 dat took this? Not even if u offer 1.2k.

chainsmoker said:
_1190012.jpg

U mean the 11-22 dat took this? Not even if u offer 1.2k.

oh, u r so cruel......:bsmilie:
no ciggies for you ;)

11-22 and 14-54 are the best portable pair you can buy.

Hacker said:
11-22 and 14-54 are the best portable pair you can buy.

agree...1 down and 1 more to go.....;)

ParkertR said:
hehe agreeeed i just got my 11-22 a few weeks back. its my primary lens~

Bro, I think you should get the 7-14mm. It beats the 11-22mm hollow; no fight; no-horse-run...
You shld sell yr 11-22 to me....;) am waiting for yr PM .....

major_tom said:
Bro, I think you should get the 7-14mm. It beats the 11-22mm hollow; no fight; no-horse-run...
You shld sell yr 11-22 to me....;) am waiting for yr PM .....

I wonder who is more cruel between ParkertR & you :sweat: :bsmilie:

major_tom said:
oh, u r so cruel......:bsmilie:
no ciggies for you ;)
Thats thoughtful of u, smoking is harmful anyday.
U should get the 7-14mm to convince me or others to sell our
precious :heart:

shchow said:
hi, major_tom... just to make you BUY BUY BUY!!!

here are some shots with my 11~22mm ... i love this lens.
~ S H ~
Hi can share here wats ur workflow for these nice pictures?
Such as format shot, software used, P.S, settings on camera etc.
Thanks

chainsmoker said:
Hi can share here wats ur workflow for these nice pictures?
Such as format shot, software used, P.S, settings on camera etc.
Thanks

Hi, Chainsmoker,

Pictures are shot in Olympus RAW. I did not do much PP, just convert from RAW using CS2 (Camera Raw Converter), resize to 700 pix(height) at 72dpi, resampled with Bicubic Sharper (as read somewhere this is recommended for resize down from big image), add the frame and text, then save for web. And that's it... here is the result you see.

Well, i can't access my original files here in office now, so i can't give you further settings i have on the camera when these shots are taken, but, as stated in the original thread posted by me (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=173608), the basic information as follow:

[#1] is taken with
Camera: E-500
Lens: ZD 11~22mm
Focal Length: 11mm (eqv. 22mm)
ISO: 100
F-stop: F13
Shutter: 1/160

[#2] is take with
Camera: E-500
Lens: ZD 11~22mm
Focal Length: 11mm (eqv. 22mm)
ISO: 100
F-stop: F4
Shutter: 1/800

Is these information what you looking for? Hope this helps.

Actually, i'm also new to digital photography. Did not have much knowledge on the workflow in post-processing. So, I'm not sure what I have done is correct or not. But, at least that's the fastest "route" i found after much experimentings with the softwares. may be you can share your PP workflow also?

best regards,
Sheu Hau

shchow said:
Actually, i'm also new to digital photography. Did not have much knowledge on the workflow in post-processing. So, I'm not sure what I have done is correct or not. But, at least that's the fastest "route" i found after much experimentings with the softwares. may be you can share your PP workflow also?

best regards,
Sheu Hau

SH, if u r new to this hobby then I dunno what & how I shld grade myself????:bsmilie:
I dun even know the basics that's why i dare not post my pics here.....whatever i take, it is under-xposed. Most of my shots had to be picasa'ed.:( :embrass:

Anyway, i saw the malta shots in the other thread and i was speechless & breathless......completely blown away by the sharpness and colours.... :thumbsup: damn tokong!

btw, was at CP awhile ago and ended up $800 poorer...bought the fl50 and a slik able 300dx tripod (max 5kg support).
played with the 11-22mm and as I was abt to take out my NETS card, i said a prayer and viola, the evil temptation was gone.....i am a free man for now....will be in Shanghai in march....i may succumb to temptation by then....:embrass:

The shadows below the fisherman can be quite distracting for me...overall, gives a nice feeling about him and the sea.

Thanks shchow.
Havent shot as much as i'd like to with this cam e500, still in the learning stage with digital workflow. Also struggling with photography as i do not have prior experience or knowledge in. Theres so many software out there thats causing me much confusion as to which to 'invest' in. Morever, i've always shot in Jpeg believing i have yet to achieve the optimum results from it, so its still practice for me.

Presently, just using Picasa2 for its convenience and simple interface. The Oly viewer or master is abit laggy to my liking, so i might not even consider studio if there a better option such as PS CS2, but then it'd be another learning stage altogether.

Hope to be able to learn more from u guys, and if chance permits meet up for some kopi sessions next time. ;p

chainsmoker said:
Thanks shchow.
Havent shot as much as i'd like to with this cam e500, still in the learning stage with digital workflow. Also struggling with photography as i do not have prior experience or knowledge in. Theres so many software out there thats causing me much confusion as to which to 'invest' in. Morever, i've always shot in Jpeg believing i have yet to achieve the optimum results from it, so its still practice for me.

Presently, just using Picasa2 for its convenience and simple interface. The Oly viewer or master is abit laggy to my liking, so i might not even consider studio if there a better option such as PS CS2, but then it'd be another learning stage altogether.

Hope to be able to learn more from u guys, and if chance permits meet up for some kopi sessions next time. ;p
Allow me to recomend,
Try using ACDSee 8.0 pro as a viewer/resize programme. Its quite fast, and it supports Oly Raws too. For other more advance editing, nothing beats PS CS2.

Noise Reduction - Personally i used Neat Image, and it worked pretty well for me. There are also profiles avaliable for E-500 downloadable from its homepage. Works as a plugin for PS CS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.