Anyone Free on Weekdays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaknafein said:
hmm bird park sounds good to me too :)
so far i have not had any luck with flying birds at botanics... maybe go bird park shoot easier for a newbie :p
im free on any weekdays... what about u guys?

what lens u got?

+evenstar said:
bird park sounds like a good idea. i'm always hoping to catch a shot of birds in motion

well... which prime lens do you own?

i suggest the zoo.
The animals are very willing to pose for u.
Also there won't be any shyness when u try to approach your subject.
Have landscapes & little bit of architecture too.

good place to start.

May be we shall go to bird park first. I am on for friday. May be we can go to the zoo on the following week. How??

I think equipment doesn't matter. As long as we can make friends and share our knowledge, it will be good enough.

:cheergal: :cheergal: :vhappy: :vhappy:

hmm why don't you guys go to SBG or anywhere free that doesn't leach your money like the zoo or bird park. Maybe you haven't thought of it, but equipment envy will occur, because 1/4 of you will be out shooting animals which 3/4 of you won't be able to. Now that's just frustrating and you're going to end up splitting into groups of those who can and those who can't.

i do not mind the zoo, birdy park or the SBG.

lets have a list of those who are okay with this coming friday, 30th june 2006.
1) Zak

foxtwo said:
hmm why don't you guys go to SBG or anywhere free that doesn't leach your money like the zoo or bird park. Maybe you haven't thought of it, but equipment envy will occur, because 1/4 of you will be out shooting animals which 3/4 of you won't be able to. Now that's just frustrating and you're going to end up splitting into groups of those who can and those who can't.
why would some be able to shoot animals and some cant? :dunno:
sorry to ask this silly question, i haven been to zoo in a "NONG NONG" time :bsmilie:

Zaknafein said:
why would some be able to shoot animals and some cant? :dunno:
sorry to ask this silly question, i haven been to zoo in a "NONG NONG" time :bsmilie:

The 'entry lense' for shooting animals is 300mm & above. The last time I went to the zoo I had a 200mm (slr) and while it was better than others I still had difficulty shooting animals. The places the animals are close is the reptiles enclosure and the petting zoo.

Hey by all means head to the zoo/bird park :) if it's going to be more 'fun' than 'photography', just suggesting that it may be benificial for all if someplace else (park/street) is planned.

ahh thx for ur advice :)
i guess maybe we can go to a place where all of us have something to shoot then :)

how about SBG on friday 30th june 2006?
1) Zak

There are places in zoo with smaller animals and u can use a 100mm lens to shoot them. Don't need to go for award winning pics of lion eating a deer.

i do not mind the zoo, birdy park or the SBG.

lets have a list of those who are okay with this coming friday, 30th june 2006.
1) Zak
2) mtunlinn (steven)

lets have a list of those who are okay with this coming friday, 30th june 2006. Shall we make it in the morning? 7.30? 8? or too early? :bsmilie:
pls also state the prefered choice of place.

1) Zak (cy, zoo or bird park)
2) mtunlinn (steven) ???

Zaknafein said:
lets have a list of those who are okay with this coming friday, 30th june 2006. Shall we make it in the morning? 7.30? 8? or too early? :bsmilie:

2) mtunlinn (steven) ???]
3) htthach (bird park , i never been to bird park)

Let me join u guys

cool i've never been to bird park also.... at least not for photog

lets have a list of those who are okay with this coming friday, 30th june 2006. Shall we make it in the morning? 7.30? 8? or too early?

2) mtunlinn (steven) ???
3) htthach (bird park , i never been to bird park)

Status
Not open for further replies.