Anyone fammiliar with Filckr's Creative Commons licenses?

faa

Jun 25, 2004
up north...
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post - but would like to ask if I am to put my Flickr's photos to "All Rights reserved", can ppl still use my photos for their own commercial purposes without my knowledge?

I know that you can choose specific Creative Commons licenses, but I chose to keep all the rights reserved. But to my horror, I chanced upon one of my photos being used as a thumbnail image on a website.

Do I have grounds to contact the website owner for clarifications?

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post - but would like to ask if I am to put my Flickr's photos to "All Rights reserved", can ppl still use my photos for their own commercial purposes without my knowledge?

I know that you can choose specific Creative Commons licenses, but I chose to keep all the rights reserved. But to my horror, I chanced upon one of my photos being used as a thumbnail image on a website.

Do I have grounds to contact the website owner for clarifications?
yes you do, all rights reserved mean that all your right are reserved

faa

Jun 25, 2004
up north...
www.flickr.com
Thanks for this. Its just sad that some organisations will actually overlook such things, and its a pretty respectable instituition some more.. :(

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Thanks for this. Its just sad that some organisations will actually overlook such things, and its a pretty respectable instituition some more.. :(
Just send them a bill. If you allow getty images to represent you in flickr, you can ask getty to collect on your behalf. Last I heard for a small thumbnail, getty will collect around $1k. How much the copyright holder gets, I do not know.

Top Bottom