Anyone facing this situation before???

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoopiegal

May 25, 2007
Hello all

Today, I am quite upset. I received a letter of outstanding fines from the NLB. the fines were incurred since 2002 and me total fines were less than a dollar. I tried calling their customer service but I was kept on hold for far too long with that irritating automated message kept telling me all their customer service representatives are busy. So I left a voice message as what it was prompted. Still no one call, so I then proceed on to email to their helpdesk and I'd also left me contact no in the email. Hours passed and I still have no one calling me to explain about the charges that incurred to me despite returning every single book I checked out from the previous takashimaya branch!! The last time I set foot in that library was in early 2003 as I do not have any need to read books on graphic designs anymore after I dropped me lessons on that particular subject.

So, to all me CS brothers and sisters, if you're reading this thread and have face this problem before, I will be grateful if you have any advises for me.

Thank you!

Ignore it. less than $6. you still can borrow books.

ignore, until u do go to the library. I remember i used to get sent a letter for 2 cents fine overdue or something....i accumulated my fines then one shot pay all. Its not practical for them to send out notices for fines negligible, imo.

I also got a letter from NLB...
$0.30 for overdue fines and $1.50 for renewal of books... all of which were in 2005.
Just pay if you happen to pass by any library lor...

I had a letter too! I was asked to pay $250 dated back all the way from 1989 when I was in Primary 6. Appearantly one of my Primary School teacher used my card to borrow a book and never return. :angry:

if you are near the lib you can scan your NRIC and the details will be on the screen
if you have your cash card with you, then just pay it lor

if you are near the lib you can scan your NRIC and the details will be on the screen
if you have your cash card with you, then just pay it lor

but if he really didnt incur the fines, why pay?be it 6c or $6?

I had a letter too! I was asked to pay $250 dated back all the way from 1989 when I was in Primary 6. Appearantly one of my Primary School teacher used my card to borrow a book and never return. :angry:

:bsmilie: Report police, bro!

Hello all

Today, I am quite upset. I received a letter of outstanding fines from the NLB. the fines were incurred since 2002 and me total fines were less than a dollar. I tried calling their customer service but I was kept on hold for far too long with that irritating automated message kept telling me all their customer service representatives are busy. So I left a voice message as what it was prompted. Still no one call, so I then proceed on to email to their helpdesk and I'd also left me contact no in the email. Hours passed and I still have no one calling me to explain about the charges that incurred to me despite returning every single book I checked out from the previous takashimaya branch!! The last time I set foot in that library was in early 2003 as I do not have any need to read books on graphic designs anymore after I dropped me lessons on that particular subject.

So, to all me CS brothers and sisters, if you're reading this thread and have face this problem before, I will be grateful if you have any advises for me.

Thank you!

you can go online to check your account for details of outstanding fines/fees

http://www.nlb.gov.sg/CPMS.portal;j...831157?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=checkYourAccount

if above link doesn't work, just go to www.nlb.gov.sg and go to ''Check Your Account''

Send an email to the Quality Service Manager.

He will not ignore your email. I think QSM is pretty senior position, so probably will help.

it might be a fine you had overlooked or forget to pay. It occurs to me sometimes when my kids borrow books and did not return on time. Just pay lor.. better than waste time and $$$ to find out how you incure that $1 fine.

i received a letter too. date that the overdue fine was incurred is 22/11/1999. and the amount is $0.15...
they spend money and effort to send out mails, just to collect 15cents from me.

:thumbsup: for their efforts.

I also received the letter.

$0.15 incurred in Aug 2003. I can't believe they actually bother to send me letter to claim that. Anyway, isn't sending letter in Singapore 25 cents? I am quite amazed.

Oh well........

:think: maybe NLB should charge the person fined for the postage as well then?

I also received the letter.

$0.15 incurred in Aug 2003. I can't believe they actually bother to send me letter to claim that. Anyway, isn't sending letter in Singapore 25 cents? I am quite amazed.

Oh well........

even the NLB staff owe them a whole lot more money, and they still working there :bsmilie:

maybe they want to clear the database of all the crap. that's why.....:bsmilie:

i also kena, can pay cash???

$1.20 dated 2005, no cash card leh, how abt credit card??

ignore, until u do go to the library. I remember i used to get sent a letter for 2 cents fine overdue or something....i accumulated my fines then one shot pay all. Its not practical for them to send out notices for fines negligible, imo.

Brother, don't play play.

There is such a thing like Library Police Unit.

Got people put in jail and forced to read books like "War and Peace", "Gone with The Wind", "Water Margin" etc for not paying their library fines.

Once I kena but lucky for me they only got Popular Photography magazines in the jail. I became a better photographer after walking out of the jail cell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.