Anyone experiencing problems with the Vosonic 8360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing some problems with my Vosonic 8360 so I thought I'd gather some feedback before heading down to Eastgear.

1. On a few occassions, when trying to do a "Full Backup" on a memory card, the device reports some sort of error creating a folder. After several tries and errors, it appears that the HDD was displayign as "UTF" and reformatting the HDD solved the problem. This appeared twice after the HDD was originally reformatted.

2. On repeatable occasions, when doing a Full Backup on a memory card, the device reports "ATF DRQ Timeout!" This was repeatable on a Sandisk Ultra II. There is no problesm with the card as far as use with a DSLR and PC is concerned.

3. A similar occasion occured when I used a friend's Kingston Card - a different ATF error appeared (can't remember exact message) but its repeatable during the time I was using the card.

4. D200 RAW thumbnails show funny colours but when expanded to full view, looks okay.

Any similar experiences?

Thanks!

check the copy speed for hd and cf in options. eastgear told me might get ATF IRQ errors if set to higher than normal.

and for (4)...yeah i noticed the weird color for the thumbnails for my 10d raws...green! but actual photo ok.

Yeap I just made a trip there already. Thats what they told me too....I found it funny that setting the copy speed too high woudl result in errors - I'd thought the software should be smart enough to use the highest copy speed possible for the card though.

And the funny thing is that my slower cards (old Transcend 512 CF) can use the ULTRA mode but my Sandisk Ultra II can't.

madmacs said:
check the copy speed for hd and cf in options. eastgear told me might get ATF IRQ errors if set to higher than normal.

and for (4)...yeah i noticed the weird color for the thumbnails for my 10d raws...green! but actual photo ok.

When I do TV recording, the picture and sound will go out of sync. after sometime during the playback.
Not sure anyone else encountering the same problem ?
It happen to me in both the 320x240 & 640x480 format.
Have not try the PSP & TV mode but I guess the pict. qty will be very low.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting the Vosonic. So how is it overall? I mean in terms of quality of image/video resolution and music playback? Thanks!

WHH said:
When I do TV recording, the picture and sound will go out of sync. after sometime during the playback.
Not sure anyone else encountering the same problem ?
It happen to me in both the 320x240 & 640x480 format.
Have not try the PSP & TV mode but I guess the pict. qty will be very low.

Yes, experience the same results with TV recording. Picture and sound goes out of sync after a while. No difference with the modes. Anyone in Vosonic (or representative) can comment on this?

I have not encounter any error, as i've not been transfering much to this device, mainly use it for mp3/movie/picture playback. so far my recent transfer are successful. :think:

As for the icon view for the raw images, i suspect maybe the firmware problem, but as long as it able to view normally when i zoom in the file, it's fine with me.(infranview also give me dark image after edited raw files)

For the video playback on the player with speakers, it will "out of sync" or lagged sounds.
but when i plug in the earphones, it seems alrite... :sweat: it maybe due to the amplifer delay playback with the speakers built-in.

Overall, as mention by others this is a value for $$$ for it's screen that is decent enough for viewing and mpg/mp4/jpg/raw playback although it may not be sharp enough for some people. And for 120GB is a secondary backup HDD to yr home PC/laptop.

jnet6 said:
I have not encounter any error, as i've not been transfering much to this device, mainly use it for mp3/movie/picture playback. so far my recent transfer are successful. :think:

As for the icon view for the raw images, i suspect maybe the firmware problem, but as long as it able to view normally when i zoom in the file, it's fine with me.(infranview also give me dark image after edited raw files)

For the video playback on the player with speakers, it will "out of sync" or lagged sounds.
but when i plug in the earphones, it seems alrite... :sweat: it maybe due to the amplifer delay playback with the speakers built-in.

Overall, as mention by others this is a value for $$$ for it's screen that is decent enough for viewing and mpg/mp4/jpg/raw playback although it may not be sharp enough for some people. And for 120GB is a secondary backup HDD to yr home PC/laptop.
Mine no difference whether it through speaker or earphone. The lag is still there ( for TV recording only ). I think this is because the hard drive is too slow for live recording ( not enough buffer memory ).
Nevertheless I still find this is a great device. Have being loading it with movie from disc for the past few nite. Enjoy the picture slide show function too. Like the supplied Carrying Case also. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There seems to be a firmware that can be downloaded to solve this unsync issue. It is found here

http://my.so-net.net.tw/keedpack/VP8360.125.B21

However it is not an official release from Vosonic yet so don't dare to try.....anyone brave out there has tried with this new firmware?

For the moment I will wait for the new official release firmware from Vosonic.

Other that this, the VP8360 rocks!!!!:)

I have 2 issues so far:
1. It does not play .mov files that I captured with my digicam
2. this is serious: all the backuped images appear to be overexposed, the hitograms go along with it, D200 and Photoshop both show identical histograms and images are not overexposed.
the Vosonic support says to use "RGB control", have no idea where that is in the unit.

New firmware for VP8350 / VP8360 is out. Please download it from www.vosonic.com

Any idea how much is one now?

The new firmware does improve.
notices the screen has been dim down for correct exposure of the pictures viewing. :thumbsup:
some improvement for the menu in pictures,music,videos,video recording.

but some how the small icon D200 raw image colour display still the same. :(

Yes, the new firmware does have a few improvements. The problem of corrupted CF card transfer when copy speed is set to Ultra appears to be solved for Extreme III card. There's some new viewing options such as actual size view but they could have enabled user to set their prefered view of "max visible" even when portrait pictures are rotated to fill the whole screen.

The problem of thumbnail display colour for D200 files has yet to be resolved. This is true even for some jpeg files viewing in thumbnails not just for raw files.
I hope the vosonic team can add in some additional features to their next version of firmware which i believe i still necessary to correct the remaining bugs. Some basic file management funtions on the device will be nice such as the ability to select multiple files for copying or deletion and maybe creation of new folders. Such added usability will definitely improve the standing of this already wonderful portable device. I believe it has much unrealised potential.

I noticed that the battary indicator never indicate fully charged no matter how long I have charged it. Does anyone observed the same problem?

My battary provided is a Sanyo brand.

Mike

ha thats quite true too. The battery indicator is not accurate and never display a full charge.
Another area for improvement in the next version of firmware perhaps?

Another problem I faced with this unit is that the FM tuner never picks up any station even when I set the freq to 93.3FM.

Is this problem common too?

Yup, I experienced it too. The reception is far from stellar even if the headphone is plugged in. Without the wire as antenna, you can basically forget about the radio.

BigBelly said:
New firmware for VP8350 / VP8360 is out. Please download it from www.vosonic.com
Thanks for the info, my VP8350 now can view D200 Raw files properly. But it displays histogram as well... how to disable the histogram from showing? anyone? TIA.

../azul123

Found how already...

On the Raw display, press top button and scroll down to Display Settings and press Show Exif to remove it, that will remove the histogram from showing.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.