Anyone ever see a Canon in Movies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Hpeter

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
:dunno: but it seems that I hv always seen a Nikon being used in movies be it for forensic or other purposes. :D

D2Hpeter said:
:dunno: but it seems that I hv always seen a Nikon being used in movies be it for forensic or other purposes. :D

I believe that the Canon F1 was the camera used by Peter in Spiderman.

Just for the fun of it:

A Canon white L was shown broking during the Shaolin soccer movie towards the end.

in the paparazzi, the upcoming movie by Tom Sizemore, I see mostly the blacks lens. Myabe nikon.

deadpixel said:
I believe that the Canon F1 was the camera used by Peter in Spiderman.

Spiderman 2 to be exact. I think he used a FM2 in the first. Heck, even Peter Parker went Canon!!! :D

Maybe because black telephoto is prefered by paparazi? they have to be camoflouged. lol.

BurgaFlippinMan said:
Spiderman 2 to be exact. I think he used a FM2 in the first. Heck, even Peter Parker went Canon!!! :D
The camera in Spiderman 1 is also a Canon F1. They blacked out the Canon brand on the pentaprism but retained the model number F1 ;p Interesting why they did not use an EOS instead.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
The camera in Spiderman 1 is also a Canon F1. They blacked out the Canon brand on the pentaprism but retained the model number F1 ;p Interesting why they did not use an EOS instead.

Regards
CK

The Press that Peter Parker is working for have no budget in getting new AF equipments..... :D :bsmilie: :blah:

ckiang said:

Regards
CK

Think the EOS series not invented yet...cos I don't think Spiderman 1/2 is set in modern times...

really? what about the cellphones in the movie? hmm..

War Photographer.

James Nachtwey.
Canon with L lens in your face.

In swordfish they attached a 1200L to a XL1-S to do surveilance video.

arikevin said:
in the paparazzi, the upcoming movie by Tom Sizemore, I see mostly the blacks lens. Myabe nikon.
you mean 20th C Fox's "Paparazzi"? it's a Nikon D100 disguised as a "XP200" (dun ask me why...), with a manual 105mm f/2.5 lens mounted. strange combination...

you can see it here...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/paparazzi/

thoa_rs said:
In swordfish they attached a 1200L to a XL1-S to do surveilance video.
To add on to that, in The Jackal starring Bruce Willis, he used what looks like a Canon EF 500mm f/4 mounted to a digital cam (XL1?), which is mounted onto a mega-a$$ gatling gun thingie... scary looking stuff. :sweat:

Haha... does the lastest Olympics Theme Song music video count?
You see a whole row of white lenses on a rack...
(though I spot a couple of Minoltas in them too.)

In Saving Private Ryan, at the beginning of the movie Prtivate Ryans son was shooting an EOS at the cemetary.

Larry said:
To add on to that, in The Jackal starring Bruce Willis, he used what looks like a Canon EF 500mm f/4 mounted to a digital cam (XL1?), which is mounted onto a mega-a$$ gatling gun thingie... scary looking stuff. :sweat:

oh yes..i remember that.
and it fires DU ammo :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.