Anyone encountered a faulty cash-in ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotophilic

Jun 18, 2006
big tree town
This afternoon when doing some cash-in transaction on an ATM (not to mention bank name), I met up with a bit of trouble.

In summary: The machine had some problem counting my notes, and gave an error message on the screen "counting error". Subsequently, my ATM card was ejected from the machine and the screen says "we are unable to proceed your transaction...". The cash-in slot refuses to open up and the whole machine just hang on that screen (i.e. my $ was still inside the machine!). I picked up the phone next to the ATM and called the customer service line (which took pretty long for the other side to pick up). After telling the officer what happened, I was told that their technician can only get it fixed on the coming monday (ya, ok. i know its weekend). They will look into the matter and will deposit the sum that was "stuck" in the machine into my account (hopefully on monday). Today is saturday.

Felt quite sian that this happened. I have always thought that the facilities are reliable. Now I can only hope that they can help me recover the $. Its not a small sum of $.

Anyone met with similar problems before also? What did you do? What was the outcome? Pls share with me your experience and what you think.

This afternoon when doing some cash-in transaction on an ATM (not to mention bank name), I met up with a bit of trouble.

In summary: The machine had some problem counting my notes, and gave an error message on the screen "counting error". Subsequently, my ATM card was ejected from the machine and the screen says "we are unable to proceed your transaction...". The cash-in slot refuses to open up and the whole machine just hang on that screen (i.e. my $ was still inside the machine!). I picked up the phone next to the ATM and called the customer service line (which took pretty long for the other side to pick up). After telling the officer what happened, I was told that their technician can only get it fixed on the coming monday (ya, ok. i know its weekend). They will look into the matter and will deposit the sum that was "stuck" in the machine into my account (hopefully on monday). Today is saturday.

Felt quite sian that this happened. I have always thought that the facilities are reliable. Now I can only hope that they can help me recover the $. Its not a small sum of $.

Anyone met with similar problems before also? What did you do? What was the outcome? Pls share with me your experience and what you think.
Yes, happened to me too at Stand Chart at Raffles place, forgot if it were the older machines or the new (current) ones. The old ones were really a pain to use! They keep rejecting notes.....Anyway, I lost count of my notes that I put in, but called them up and the next working day they did an investigation.

They count the amount of cash that they put in and take out, so don't worry, it must tally.

Once, I forgot to take out the cash at an ATM in Tokyo (Citibank), got it back the next day :) (machine ate it after a few seconds)........

HS

Yes, happened to me too at Stand Chart at Raffles place, forgot if it were the older machines or the new (current) ones. The old ones were really a pain to use! They keep rejecting notes.....Anyway, I lost count of my notes that I put in, but called them up and the next working day they did an investigation.

They count the amount of cash that they put in and take out, so don't worry, it must tally.

Once, I forgot to take out the cash at an ATM in Tokyo (Citibank), got it back the next day :) (machine ate it after a few seconds)........

HS

Thanks for making me feel better. :)

Mine was std chart also. ;p

Actually the newer ones (<3 months back) are also quite bad. I have the same problem u mentioned; it just kept rejecting my $. Don't really have much problem with the DBS ones.

Well u know, when the $ is stuck there (future uncertain, have to wait a few days) and nothing happens to the balance in my account, I do feel a sense of insecurity.

I know they will tally the amount properly. Just hope that everything will go well and get my $ back (the right amt). Must have a little faith in the banking system in Singapore.

Thanks for making me feel better. :)

Mine was std chart also. ;p

Actually the newer ones (<3 months back) are also quite bad. I have the same problem u mentioned; it just kept rejecting my $. Don't really have much problem with the DBS ones.

Well u know, when the $ is stuck there (future uncertain, have to wait a few days) and nothing happens to the balance in my account, I do feel a sense of insecurity.

I know they will tally the amount properly. Just hope that everything will go well and get my $ back (the right amt). Must have a little faith in the banking system in Singapore.

My $$$ got struck in UOB Cash Deposit Machine, just call the hot line and confirm the amount with the duty officer the $$$ will be credited to your account the next working day.

UOB got the best CDM follows by OCBC

I had the same problem to at the SCB atm in the Raffles Place main office. Money stuck, they said it's ok if I cannot wait. They must have got the technical people there fast, I got the call in an hour and the money was right.

happened to me before too. dont worry. mine was uob, also not a small sum but i called the customer service hotline and they credited the money to my account a few days after. also called me to let me know. so yeah. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.