Anyone drove to KL? How much is the cost for the highway toll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob

Deregistered
May 11, 2005
Former CS Senior Member
hi there,

anyone drove up tp kl before? can share how much was the toll fees all together?

thanks in advance for your replies.

All in till Sg Besi its about S$38 or something.

If you dont intend to drive around much in KL, then taking a bus is worth it for 2 pax.
Also more comfortable.
( you still got to factor in petrol )

All in till Sg Besi its about S$38 or something.

If you dont intend to drive around much in KL, then taking a bus is worth it for 2 pax.
Also more comfortable.
( you still got to factor in petrol )

thanks for reply. btw what's the petrol cost like, say 2L car.

A return trip will cost about RM120 for toll and RM150 for petrol.

Hidden cost will be Car maintenance cost, speed traps and not to mention the driver's lack of rest.

ooooo. wonder how much is the speed straps if kena.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

It depends on how you want to settle? (which method?) :bsmilie:

Official settlement: RM300.
Flexible / on the spot settlement: Current market rate min. RM50 (2 pax), additional pax RM20 each ;p

becareful at the exit from highway where speed limit changes, that's the hot spot.

Yah, no reason to speed. 110km/hr can get you to KL in about 3.5hrs or so. Most important is to rest when tired. Plenty of rest stops along the way, some of which are actually pretty good.

Flexible / on the spot settlement: Current market rate min. RM50 (2 pax), additional pax RM20 each ;p

becareful at the exit from highway where speed limit changes, that's the hot spot.

how do you go about making the 'on the spot settlement'?:embrass:

how do you go about making the 'on the spot settlement'?:embrass:

I just kena one last weekend right after I exit the highway leading to JB....cheong 140kmh but settle on the spot for RM50 :lovegrin:

Btw toll fees is about $30+ one way...don't forget the causeway fee...a few RM...don't really remember the exact amount because I use Touch and Go card :D

Not only when speed limit changes got a friend kena for 'speeding' in a traffic jam at 0km/hr!:sweat:

later he thought i gay:embrass:

how you guys settle them, do you speak english to them?

Normally these guys speak good english when it comes to this kinda issue... :sticktong

make sure u always keep no more than RM50 in your wallet...
sometimes they pretend to ask u to take out ur driving licence, objective is too peep how much do u have in your wallet, hence to set the settlement fees.

good way to approach is:" very troublesome to pay the fine, anyway to settle here?"

sometimes the claim of speeding is also false, if u have confidence that u did not speed, just ignore them.

rule of thumb, dun speed. ;p

later he thought i gay:embrass:

how you guys settle them, do you speak english to them?

Here is my textbook conversation:

"Sorry encik....family got urgent problem....give chance lah.....I don't need receipt...we settle here OK?"

They will usually open their saman book and say: "OK...put your license here"

Then...you slid a RM50 below your license...and tug it in the book....he will close the book and walk back to his patrol car....a minute later....he will be back with a piece of saman paper and your license....you are ready to go.....of coz the piece of paper is a junk paper :lovegrin:

Here is my textbook conversation:

"Sorry encik....family got urgent problem....give chance lah.....I don't need receipt...we settle here OK?"

They will usually open their saman book and say: "OK...put your license here"

Then...you slid a RM50 below your license...and tug it in the book....he will close the book and walk back to his patrol car....a minute later....he will be back a piece of saman paper and your license....you are ready to go.....of coz the piece of paper is a junk paper :lovegrin:

Classic! :thumbsup:

Still can't beat my experience whilst traveling up to KL with a friend. The officer asks:

"How? You want saman?" :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.