Anyone downgraded from Win Vista baq to Win Xp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
hi... anyone did the above becos win vista is running too slowly??...
i am using a newer lappy with vista and specs wise is suppose to be much better than my desktop with xp... however performance(particularly opening files using PS) my lappy is abit slower.... is this suppose to be a norm??

Download Vista SP1, I felt my system running more stable after it, since Good Friday.

I helped my gf downgraded back to XP as she complained the navigation is horrible, there is way too much security checks and can't play most of her Chinese games.

this does not belong here

General, Reviews, Tech Talk is for photography related stuff

thread moved

vista lag is norm, due to higher equip requirements.
need at least 2 gb to get it running smoothly, imo.
vista also starts up a lot of unwanted services in the background,
so if u can tinker with them, it helps a lot.
either that or dl vista sp1

no problem mar

but then i do have 2gb of ram :bsmilie:

I am a Vista user and I must admit it is a resource hog. First things first update to Vista Service Pack 1 to ease the agony of having to wait "100 hours remaining to copy files" In my opinion you can safely disable file indexing unless you are the type who does alot of searches. Lastly to answer your question, Yes, it is pretty much the norm to experience "millisecond" delays when opening files in Vista.

i got the dell xps laptop m1330

came with vista. the moment i got it, installed xp professional in it and all the drivers.

its blazing fast on xp with 2gb ram..

so yeah, xp is the way to go

Me too.

No problem with 2 gb of ram leh. :)

there is also the idea that sooner or later everybody is going to use vista.. like it or not

when everyone is using vista and some compatibility issues start to surface, slowly the switch should be made..

just like how people complain about win 95 versus win xp,.. in the end also all switch

of course some of the pressing issues were resolved too.

i get Acer to change to XP when i buy...

Vista WAS NEVER in my lappy..

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I am a Vista user and I must admit it is a resource hog. First things first update to Vista Service Pack 1 to ease the agony of having to wait "100 hours remaining to copy files" In my opinion you can safely disable file indexing unless you are the type who does alot of searches. Lastly to answer your question, Yes, it is pretty much the norm to experience "millisecond" delays when opening files in Vista.
100 hours remaining.. hah! I even saw 5 digit hours remaining on my wife's notebook when copying files.. ;p

vista works fine for me. no real complains other than that start menu, i prefer the old press and branch out type, rather than the programs expanding in one column.

I actually had the mentality that eventually everybody will need to move to Vista, give it a few months I'll get used to it. So I upgraded my work machines. It's now a few months later. I am in the process of downgrading all back to XP.

I actually had the mentality that eventually everybody will need to move to Vista, give it a few months I'll get used to it. So I upgraded my work machines. It's now a few months later. I am in the process of downgrading all back to XP.

to me, Vista is a downgrade instead of upgrade...

Many people said the same thing when digital cams first came out. :bsmilie:

or a more related analogy, when xp came out after win 98.

Is there anyone install vista service pack 1 ? Is it stable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.