Anyone don't want to be a pro photographer but unfortunately forced to be one?

Teegongkia

Aug 13, 2007
A place where no man can enter
So many recent thread of how to be pro photographer.
Anyone don't want to be pro photographer but unfortunately forced to be one? :embrass:

Erm, I'd rather be born into millions and not have to work and travel the world and take pics, but unfortunately I have to make money so I can take pics, and about the only thing I'm decent at is taking pics, so I have to go pro.

Does that count?

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

well, i don't know of anyone who was forced into being a photographer, but i do know of quite a few people who have gone into the industry and forced to keep doing it because they didn't plan an exit strategy.

So many recent thread of how to be pro photographer.
Anyone don't want to be pro photographer but unfortunately forced to be one? :embrass:

yes, the xmm say that i have to be a pro photographer otherwise they will tell my wife about all the kinky late night conversations we have been having and the green tea i have been buying them... :(

yes, the xmm say that i have to be a pro photographer otherwise they will tell my wife about all the kinky late night conversations we have been having and the green tea i have been buying them... :(

You have a wife, you ole naughty goat? Never told us, har?

As for myself, I never wanted to be a pro photographer, but with all the C&C from nai meh and friends, they are forcing me to be a pro photographer :cry: I am still trying very hard, but not succeeding. But still, they force me
bonk.gif

at first
I didn't study high enough
I'm not aggressive enough
I don't have big ambition
and photography is easy much less competition at that time.

and nowadays, everybody have a DLSR
people just pass out from school call themself creative directors
secondary students become wedding photographers
housewives become children photographers
event photographers filled the streets
DI artists from India and Peru offering US$1 per image for image touchup

I'm not strong enough to do manual work,
I'm not smart enough to do office work,
I'm too old to change career
I've a big family to feed,

so I stay on as a photographer.
it is not a choice now, is destiny

at first
I didn't study high enough
I'm not aggressive enough
I don't have big ambition
and photography is easy much less competition at that time.

and nowadays, everybody have a DLSR
people just pass out from school call themself creative directors
secondary students become wedding photographers
housewives become children photographers
event photographers filled the streets
DI artists from India and Peru offering US$1 per image for image touchup

I'm not strong enough to do manual work,
I'm not smart enough to do office work,
I'm too old to change career
I've a big family to feed,

so I stay on as a photographer.
it is not a choice now, is destiny

excellent poetry:thumbsup:

There are a few of these photographer....

u can find them at the Immigration Dept....all they do is to ...shoot..passport after passport afer passport.

Think they fit into the title well.

If anything one is being forced into doing...I doubt the end result will be anything but good.

Currently, beside being forced into a photographer... many children are/were being forced to do somthing /or many things of which they have zero interest in it.

Even to the uni level....some are just to fullfill their parent's ego.

There are a few of these photographer....

u can find them at the Immigration Dept....all they do is to ...shoot..passport after passport afer passport.

I think to make their work interesting they should be allowed to introduce flowers, animals or XMMs etc. in the background.

And there should be a range of party customes for people to choose to wear when they have their passports taken:

Mens_Costumes.jpg

Now people can look up to passport photographers with respect and envy.

No too sure about Singapore, but from what I'd read from foreign mag and articles, most successful photographer admitted that they have chosen the wrong /or something against their ambition/interest during their tertiary training and now that they had found something which they really liked and loved.
Which they can really excel.
To be a good / excellent / creative photographer, I don't think one can be force into. Not even when he had own all the most expensive equipments.

Last edited:
To TeegongKia ;

One doesn't just shout...I want to be a pro-photographer and he/she will turn into one immediately....but you can find some / a lot of ...I don't want to be a photo-equipment salesperson but they are manning those photo shops ( not Adobe one ).

If shouting is not useful at all, does writing it down helps? :embrass:

To TeegongKia ;

One doesn't just shout...I want to be a pro-photographer and he/she will turn into one immediately....but you can find some / a lot of ...I don't want to be a photo-equipment salesperson but they are manning those photo shops ( not Adobe one ).

if you can shoot and write and willing to travel almost anywhere you can be a travel photographer and also get paid as a writer