Anyone DIY lap top battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
My ACER lap top battery is dead and agent has stop supporting it. Wondering has anyone DIY battery for their lap top?
Appreciate if any advise on DIY.

TIA
Cheers

ndroo said:
THere is a shop opposite the food court in Sim Lim Square who does cell replacement for you. No need to DIY. :)

Sorry to borrow this tread.
How much roughly is it going to cost to repalce the cells of my IBM R30 laptop batts. Seem like its not holding charge liao. The batt monitor is promting me to replace batt.

Thanks

I think Sim Lim Tower basement also has a battery shop which can replace the cells inside for you.

BTW My Acer laptop lithium CMOS battery keeps dying prematurely. Does anyone know how where I can find instructions on how to open up the laptop case to replace it? There's no slot to simply replace the battery - you're supposed to bring it back to the service centre - most silly.

No more Acer computers for me.

can upgrade a 4cell to 12 cell ???? gosh.. my acer battery is like running tap.. after 1hr den the batter is dead like a log.

ndroo said:
THere is a shop opposite the food court in Sim Lim Square who does cell replacement for you. No need to DIY. :)

they quoted me 300 for an acer batt. acer quoted me 320. diff is 20

I want replacement for my rare IBM s31 also. Last time I mentioned my laptop model to
IBM shop, the guy looked clueless.

Can try East Gear. I think they do have third party noteboiok battery.
Saw that during the IT show.

Teo said:
My ACER lap top battery is dead and agent has stop supporting it. Wondering has anyone DIY battery for their lap top?
Appreciate if any advise on DIY.

TIA
Cheers

Apart from the shop at SLS basement, there is a Unicell battery shop on the second level which is extremely professional. Go up the escalator from the first floor and walk straight and then turn left. It's opposite a kopitiam. They recell laptop batteries all the time (those computer shops upstairs use them). Look for Jimmy the manager and he should be able to advise you.

BTW, they sell ALL types of batteries (though they may not carry all brands - no different from anyone else). And I do mean literally all that you'd likely need ;-) Loads of digicam battery replacements too. The most comprehensive consumer accessible battery shop I have come across in Singapore. If you need that weird battery, they'd probably have it. I go there now instead of that Sim Lim Tower basement shop. Their prices whilst fixed are always fair and reasonable.

It might even be cheaper to recell than to buy new.

Status
Not open for further replies.