Anyone develop films at Konota Peninsular? PROBLEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

Well I'm sure there are many film users who do... Have you all ever inspected your negatives? Many times, after developing at Konota, I simply store my films away, including some important shots. Recently, I tried to arrange them and I was quite horrified, not to mention angry. In every set of negatives, there will bound to be 1-2 rows of negatives whose edges were cut very close. In some of them, they were practically cut into the next frame!!! All of the films were developed at different times, in different batches. Though only slight, I'm not sure how this will affect my prints when I do enlargements.

For those who have never thought about this b4, I strongly suggest you go back and look at your negatives. Do share with me if the same thing has happened.

I think it's the lady at the shop who does the cutting. If only I had been more careful in checking my negatives when I collected them so that I could have reprimanded her on the spot. Looks like now it's a bit hard to bring up an old case. I won't be sending my films to be developed there for now.

It had happened to me before at KC (Tiong Bahru last time), RGB, and Fotohub. Though Fotohub seems to be much more careful. The worst part is that some are slides. Thank goodness that only once was a cut frame the frame I want to keep.

It is quite difficult actually to cut the film carefully, I had some close calls myself. Those ladies at the labs probably do lots of these and so it bound to happen. Just a matter of how often.

glchua said:
It had happened to me before at KC (Tiong Bahru last time), RGB, and Fotohub. Though Fotohub seems to be much more careful. The worst part is that some are slides. Thank goodness that only once was a cut frame the frame I want to keep.

It is quite difficult actually to cut the film carefully, I had some close calls myself. Those ladies at the labs probably do lots of these and so it bound to happen. Just a matter of how often.

Yah, but it's so scary isn't it... There must be a bettre way for them to see what they are cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.