Anyone cycle with the camera?

wangker

Feb 14, 2012
Hi Pros,

I'm using a NEX 5N and is looking for a Bicycle Saddle Bag to hold my camera when I go cycling.

I'm looking for those Saddle Bag that is below the saddle and it should be able to keep my camera + kit lens (18~55mm).

Thanks!

:bsmilie: your nick...

i know 2 brands of bags.

you can google them. Ortlieb and Timbuk2

what bicycle you on

One of the bicycle shop was trying to sell me one. its something like the box behind a motorbike u see on the road but this 1 is fixed onto the handle. don think can fit alot of stuff in there jus one DSLR with a Kit lens the most.

I usually just carry my crumpled with all my camera and lenses and perhaps a hydration bag when cycling xD

Not sure if your gear will fit in this, but..
Topeak® Cycling Accessories — Products - Aero Wedge Pack, large (Velcro strap)

Topeak is a pretty common brand here for bike accessories. You should be able to find the bag pictured in the link easily (or one from another brand). Topeak also has handlebar bags, as do other brands.

You can check out Ortlieb bags (pricier, but very good quality) at Fall Factor along Alexandra Rd, opp the hospital.

I just strap whatever bag I use for the day onto the rear panier of my cheapo foldable bike.

Typically 12-15km each way to cycle to a photo location.

hmm..safe to do that meh?

i would rather sling it or backpack it..as in stay with my body..at least i know the cam is in there..

done dat but not using saddle bag... using a sling bag instead.

sling bags quite irritating. I cycled once with that and it keeps sliding to the front, making my knee to knock onto the bag.

I sling it and sort of try to fasten it to my back.

sling bags quite irritating. I cycled once with that and it keeps sliding to the front, making my knee to knock onto the bag.

i use timbuk2 sling bag with insert as my camera bag..
im not sure about other sling bag but timbuk2 do provide cross strap that can be attached to the bag.. it make ur bag steadied/stabled on your back..
no problem when you go cycling with it..

I place my camera in a Daiso spongy bag and chuck it into a normal backpack. Sometimes I use a big waist pouch. :)

Don't like to use a saddle bag to hold my camera in case I buang and the camera buang with the bike. I reckon that I won't land on my back if I ever buang so a backpack is safer? Try biologic bike accessories. They might have what u want. :)

Last edited: