Anyone Crazy enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Kid In Town

Dec 19, 2003
singapore
Visit site
Hi,
I know this may sound a little far fatched.. or even crazy... but.. is anyone here actually organising a trip to Philippines to shoot MOUNT MAYON? aka

mayon-volcano-erupting-above-l.jpg

its been puffing out ashes and leaking lava for the past few weeks.. would really love to take a nice photo of it at dawn/dusk.. or maybe ermm.. when it..... blows? but i have no idea how to get there and who would actually go there... so if anyone is organising a photo trip there, please let me know!! i would blow my leave at any cost to be there!

TS, how bout you organize this mayon shoot thingy... i can rent out my car and driver to take you to the location, but i must let you know that from manila to albay will take you around 8hrs trip...:)

There is a direct flight from manila to albay. Go and check it out!

sounds crazy :bigeyes: lol

haha I am not sure abt the transport and maybe some "CUSTOMS" there mah. so i was wondering if anyone is fermiliar abt that place or from there would wanna go. so i could tag along! LOL

you would have to "sneak" in as the military have cordoned off the area last i heard.

thats what i heard too.. well. they have a danger area of 6km in radius now... so if we are not gonna "sneak" in.. we can shoot right at the 6km mark! right beside those military guy.. incase anything happens.. we can hitch their ride out too! hea hea

hmm camping here for further reports..;)

hmmmmmm, sounds a bit like NATO...
and I don't mean "North Atlantic Treaty Organization"... ;)

thats what i heard too.. well. they have a danger area of 6km in radius now... so if we are not gonna "sneak" in.. we can shoot right at the 6km mark! right beside those military guy.. incase anything happens.. we can hitch their ride out too! hea hea
for a 6km danger zone...usual practice is to cordon off 2-3 times the range just in case. if you do go there along with the media and scientific group..better pray the eruption happens at night or lasts till dusk unless you can get your hands on exceptionally long range telescopes in which case you will need a T Mount adapter.

haha i'll have to drag my astrophotography gears there?? i am sure mt mayon is big enuff to fill half a 24mm even from the airport? also as of last week . villagers living within 7-8km of the volcano is allowed to go back to their homes with the alert level dropped form 4 to 3, seems like its calming down... so guess we can shoot at 6km afterall. well.. i am still waiting for someone who is fermiliar with that place to get excited enuff to go there for a shoot! haha anyone going please please let me know! .. before the ashes stop puffing and lava stopped flowing,.. it'll look like bukit timah hill by then..

gosh... breathtaking view of manyon! thanks for the link!!! now hope that would trigger more interest within us...

Y'guys might like to follow this thread as well for updates from other local photogs.

Ty David...:)

gosh... breathtaking view of manyon! thanks for the link!!! now hope that would trigger more interest within us...

:cheergal:

What are you waiting for???:D

You can always ask guys from the forum bout it..

I'm also gathering infos as of this time, if my time permits then maybe i can have a trip there asap...

Alert level 2 now... :)

eah.. alert lvl 2 now sould be nuting left for us
coz by the time we get there.. and it stopped puffing smoke and flowing lava .. would start to look like bukit timah hill

Last edited:
Btw..... hasn't the Volcano activity been greatly reduces ?? I personal don't think its 'Crazy' at all.... the glow of molten rocks at night would be a good reminder to the awsome power of natural.... with or without taking photos, I would like to see it.

But like the others said.... not too sure are you even allowed to get near without sneaking in... :sweat:

eah.. alert lvl 2 now sould be nuting left for us
coz by the time we get there.. and it stopped puffing smoke and flowing lava .. would start to look like bukit timah hill

Btw..... hasn't the Volcano activity been greatly reduces ?? I personal don't think its 'Crazy' at all.... the glow of molten rocks at night would be a good reminder to the awsome power of natural.... with or without taking photos, I would like to see it.

But like the others said.... not too sure are you even allowed to get near without sneaking in... :sweat:

I'm more worried coz mayon is a female volcano.... unpredictable...:bsmilie:

hmm yah.. dropped alert lvl to 2.. so i was trying to join the other forum linked earlier on from photographer from there.. to see if its actually still glowing at night or puffing smoke.. other words to find out weather if its still worth going there to shoot it (crazy coz when this thread was started.. it was at alert lvl 4) was intending to go watch it go pop!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, that guy's really lucky to witness such an awesome sight.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.